Skip to main content

Wanted: Dodge Inter front guard flare!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #34741 by Inter UD3 supercharged
i found this photo in the alice photos and i wont a set of the guard flares any help would be great thanks daniel

1962 Inter AB160&&1972 Inter - Supercharged UD3&&2000 Isuzu 700&&2006 Transi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #34742 by bigcam
Hi mate, I don't know of anywhere to get them. If you find some let me know. I'm getting a bit of an idea on how you would like it to look. Could I suggest starting one thread in restoration chat on all the gear you want, and then as it all falls into place, we can see you resto/project taking shape. The sleeper box won't be to hard, there was a KW one the same as that one on the SAR in one of the ATHS newsletters a little while ago for $500 I think, but generally the smaller sleepers can be got for around the same sort of money. May I suggest if your going for the flares, to maybe go for the wider axle as well. The Dodge's and Inters had a narrow axle, and all those Dodge's you see with the flares had a wider Rockwell front axle. Anyway, the option's are many mate, and it doesn't matter if you change your mind along the way, just be carefull of falling into the trap of stripping it right down and rebuilding it, unless you are one truely dedicated sort of a chap. As for the manual for the UD, be patient, something will turn up (or you could put a Detriot in it,LOL)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #34743 by Swishy

M80'z
The words U lookn for iz

Wheel Arch Flares

I searched the net last year to replace the short rubber flares on the Tilt tray n they want an arm n a leg for the stuff
I found a mob on ebay @ Hallam Melbourne N fronted up n bought the stuff
I got enuff to do 2 trucks @ the price to do 1 truck
they sell alot to 4x4 shops so the 1st thing they ask is wotsit for
cos they dun wanna cut out the middle man
jist tell m tiz 4 an ol truck should B OK
the ols black rubber twaz very rigid
where by this new stuff in limp like well cooked spagetti
so we used a metal backing to hold it to the shape of the wheel arch etc
Clik here for wheel arch specs

Clik here for Ambassador Rubber Home page

me dont think it would take to paint so probly the only flavor would B black rubber

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Swishy.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds