Skip to main content

Ford D series tilt tray on Ebay

More
13 years 7 months ago #34997 by cribotow
Saw this little d series on ebay

Now its out front of my House,
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/Dseriestilttray003.jpg?t=1285586761http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/Dseriestilttray001-1.jpg?t=1285587030I needed a truck to cart my junk around it works well for $7150 with reg and RWC (dodgy im sure) needs an engine transplant i cant put up with that 300 6 for much longer :'( think a 302 or 351 cleveland will be the go ;D anyone with knowledge in this area??

&&Grasp

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #34998 by Aussiehooker
we had one years ago windsor small v and a bell housing i think cleavelamd v is to wide don

More
13 years 7 months ago #34999 by kennymopar2
pretty sure the v8s bolt straight in ..the 300ci 6 is canadian so why not a canadian 302 or 351 ?... i think most that had the V8 from the factory used the 302w?

More
13 years 7 months ago #35000 by tim
Cribby, as Aussiehooker suggested, put a windsor in it. Nice small Vee, plenty of parts around(with the current 5.0 litre Falcons, F series etc.) and it'll go like the proverbial off the shovel. I have got a 5.0 litre out of an F150 on my engine stand at present that I can give you any measurements should you require. Did you have a win at lotto mate, 2 trucks in a short space of time, tell us your secret, how does the other half react???. cya Tim :o

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 7 months ago #35001 by Eddy
Hmmm .. maybe ya could take a closer look at the 300 first dude. A previous neighbour had one in a F100, and towed all kinds of stuff around, including his tractor with slasher mounted.
350 Holley is an easy fit, and a bit of searching you may find a manifold for triple carters, or even a 4bbl carby. Exhaust extractors are readily available also.

Plugs, points etc ... usual stuff. Check all this out, and if still not happy, only then start looking at the V8.

302/351 WINDSOR will bolt straight in.

Cleveland is a bit wide but can be made to fit, from memory, by moving the engine and gearbox mounts upwards a couple inches.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
13 years 7 months ago #35002 by Assessor
300,s pull way better than Cleveland or Windsors, I've run plenty of these in the early days on f700s,in tippers, parts are a little scarce these days though!if you go the v8 route you will need a different adaptor to suit that Clarke gearbox, Windsor and clevo are the same pattern, i have converted small hino diesels into these ,but its more costly. hope this helps

More
13 years 7 months ago #35003 by kennymopar2
clifford in the states made manifolds for them.. but id personally go the V8 route more options for the motors and parts are cheaper and easier to source ..but remember the 351w is a wider motor than the 302w

More
13 years 7 months ago #35004 by Assessor
Spot on there! increased deck hight makes the 351 winsor wider than the 260,289,and 302,s

More
13 years 7 months ago #35005 by kennymopar2
the 300ci 6cyl aint a bad motor just to slow and thirsty for what it offers(without modifying it) ..and obviously a tiltray is heavy !

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #35006 by Eddy
yeah the deck height is higher on the 351W, but it's still narrower than the clevo.

Parts for the six shouldn't be too hard. they're still made.

have a peek through this lot ..

www.truckforum.org/forums/

www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

www.fordtruckfanatics.com/

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Eddy.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds