Skip to main content

FS: 1974 Inter Prime mover w/ UD3 2 Stroke diesel

More
13 years 6 months ago #35451 by Inter UD3 supercharged
Well I'm thinking about wrecking it as it does need some work so if any one won't some parts let me know cheers and as for the whole supercharger if it not classed as a supercharger well it's not I don't know alot about these engines other that what I have been told so sorry to everyone for the miss understanding

1962 Inter AB160&&1972 Inter - Supercharged UD3&&2000 Isuzu 700&&2006 Transi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35452 by melonreo
it is deemed supercharged if the cylinders are presurised greater than atmospheric pressure.
for this to happen the exhaust out let must close before the inlet to allow pressure build up in the cylinders..
i have a crawler with a loop scavenging 2-stroke with a blower , the piston closes off the intake ports first which stops the pressure coming in and lets all the pressure escape out the exhaust before it closes it off

More
13 years 6 months ago #35453 by Inter UD3 supercharged
Well I was let to believe that this dose make boost like a normal supercharger that's why I called it supercharged but like I said am only going off what I have been told

1962 Inter AB160&&1972 Inter - Supercharged UD3&&2000 Isuzu 700&&2006 Transi

More
13 years 6 months ago #35454 by GM Diesel
Selby is correct in his technical descrption of the blower.
Roots type blowers seemed to be loosly termed superchargers and its sort of stuck.
Technically they are there to scavenge exhaust gases out of the cylinders and to charge with fresh air for the next bang.
Dont be entirely deflated though...as with the detroits the blowers on the UD will run a positive pressure at full noise. Not alot, 5psi so there is a mild supercharging effect. Anything technically that is stuffing air in above atmospheric is supercharging.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
13 years 2 months ago #35455 by tongalafarm
Hi do you still have this c line for sale ? im interested in the cab.Thanks Gary

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds