Skip to main content

FARGO Truck

13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #38279 by
Replied by on topic Re: FARGO Truck
Baz - No, your memory is just about spot on .. but you're 2 cyls short. The Perkins P6 was available as a factory option from 1950. There's one for sale at Merredin, but it's in pretty sad shape.

83HP at 2400 RPM wouldn't exactly tear up the bitumen, or give you passing power against highway-rated K-Whoppers .. but I understand they were good on fuel.

Assessor - Yep, I gotta agree with Baz. That old Kew Dodge has a frontal style that could only have been dreamt up, after a bad night of cheese-induced nightmares.

Cheers, Ron.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #38280 by Assessor
Replied by Assessor on topic Re: FARGO Truck
Head like a robbers dog!! :D

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #38281 by 48Bedford
Replied by 48Bedford on topic Re: FARGO Truck
Is that also the same cab as Fordson Thames/Trader?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by 48Bedford.

13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #38282 by
48Bedford - It appears to be largely similar, but the Dodge/Fargo has a different bulkhead and dash panel, with a big upward-pointed section under the windscreens.

The Dodge/Fargo have wind-out, top-hinged, "tropical" windcreens. This was the 50's version of flow-through cab ventilation .. :D

More
13 years 5 months ago #38283 by grash
Replied by grash on topic Re: FARGO Truck
Onetrack
According to my Fordson truck owners manual the opening windows were 'fog windows', to be opened to prevent your windscreen fogging up on cold mornings, but I'll bet more were opened on hot days than cold english mornings.
Graham

13 years 5 months ago #38284 by
Graham, I guess that must be an individual company interpretation, then. Leyland, AEC, and all the other British manufacturers that exported their vehicles, nearly always referred to opening windcreens, as "tropical" windcreens, to be opened for improved cab ventilation and hot air removal, in hot climates.
Can anyone remember the Series 1 & 2 Landrovers, with their little hinged vents under the windscreens, that were actuated by small ratcheting levers? They were great in hot weather.

Ron ..

13 years 5 months ago #38285 by

Graham, I guess that must be an individual company interpretation, then. Leyland, AEC, and all the other British manufacturers that exported their vehicles, nearly always referred to opening windcreens, as "tropical" windcreens, to be opened for improved cab ventilation and hot air removal, in hot climates.
Can anyone remember the Series 1 & 2 Landrovers, with their little hinged vents under the windscreens, that were actuated by small ratcheting levers? They were great in hot weather.

Ron ..

Land Rover continued with the front vents right up to the latest model the puma.

More
13 years 5 months ago #38286 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: FARGO Truck
Winde out windscreen on the K series Inters worked pretty good also.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
13 years 3 months ago #38287 by Dan The Man
Replied by Dan The Man on topic Re: FARGO Truck
is it still available how much do you want

More
13 years 1 month ago #38288 by Scorpio2655
Replied by Scorpio2655 on topic Re: FARGO Truck
I am interested if the truck is still available. Please supply contact details of owner. Scorpio 2655

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds