Skip to main content

69 reo tipper

More
13 years 5 months ago #39017 by oyamum
69 reo tipper was created by oyamum
hey guys found this whilst browsing NOT MINE but thought it looked good someone may be interested

melbourne.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles...9-W0QQAdIdZ242629584

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #39018 by Assessor
Replied by Assessor on topic Re: 69 reo tipper
I remember back years ago a few of the ex army ones with autos and set back axles for sale as prime movers, reckon that's one of them!! :) :)

cheers Adam

More
13 years 5 months ago #39019 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 69 reo tipper
Most definatly an Ex Army one, and not to many survive either.

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #39020 by
Replied by on topic Re: 69 reo tipper
I can remember these Diamond's when I was at the School of Military Engineering in Casula (Liverpool) in early 1970.
They were known as Diamond Reos when they were delivered, as I recall.

They had been delivered from 1969, and they were being stored at the Moorebank depot just up the road, until issue to units.
I never actually saw one on the road when I was in the Green Machine .. although I departed for 'Nam in Aug 1970, and didn't return to Sydney when I came home in Sept 1971. I returned to Karrakatta in Perth, and worked my last few weeks out there.
However, I recently discovered that at least one Diamond Reo was sent out of country, when I found a picture of it on a modelling site ..

www.grubby-fingers-aircraft-illustration...scale_modelling.html

I have no info on this picture, and would like to know where it was taken. The scenery and the Bell 47, Sioux chopper are highly reminiscent of 'Nam .. but it could also be PNG, later in the 1970's?

The original specs of these prime movers were 335HP Cummins, with an Allison 6-speed auto.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39021 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: 69 reo tipper
onetrack,

Caption with the photo says:

"I saw this beast at Bandiana museum"

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds