Skip to main content

T54 fuller

More
15 years 8 months ago #3369 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: T54 fuller
Barry, guys,

Box has gone back together pretty well except ...

My speedo gear? its supposed to be stationary on the mainshaft? It has a keyway but no key and i cant find where it would lock to. Can you tell me how to get around this?

Also there is no small cog or gear off the speedo side for it to mesh to, Anywhere i can find one? I hear they are rare.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3370 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: T54 fuller
Bono, I havent got my manual here with me but im sure the output flange sandwich's the speedo drive ring / gear against the output shaft bearing and when you torque the output shaft nut up it locks it all up.
Whats the book say ?
Lock it in two gears to torque output shaft nut. If you dont have a new nut get old one and thread nice and clean and put a drip of loctite 243 or 262 on threads. Torque to correct torque !
Cant remember seeing a key in there. speedo cable drive shaft geary thingy...sure you havent lost it ?..might be off to the wreckers for another.
Did you center the clutch with the input shaft before you put it into the box ?
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3371 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: T54 fuller
Barry,

Makes sense, was thrown by the key way, but your right no key for this item

As for the speedo widget im told there are a few different types and ive got nothing to compare to. The speedo wasnt working when i got it so i dont think it got lost, but i never say never. Yout would'nt have any details in your manuals by any chance. I ve got no idea which one to get or even if i can get em.

I have a seperate mainshaft which i'll use to centre the box so no problem there.

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds