Skip to main content

Need help on selling 67 kw

More
13 years 4 months ago #41364 by badweather
My husband has passed away and I am going to try and sell his truck. It has been parked a long time. It wasn't junked out or anything, he just upgraded. Its original, 671 detroit motor, aluminum cab and chassis or whatever you call it. I have no idea on how much to ask for it. It was sitting for 15 years and he pulled it out 4 years ago, put new batteries in it and it fired right up and he drove it around the yard. Can anybody help me out here? thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41365 by Daninmky
Firstly I am sorry for your loss, are you able to put up some photo's of it so this way it can be seen by people on the forum. If you have any problems getting it to to work there is a thread at the top of Restoration Chat on how to upload photo's.
Regards
Dan

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

More
13 years 4 months ago #41366 by badweather

More
13 years 4 months ago #41367 by badweather

More
13 years 4 months ago #41368 by Daninmky
I have been looking at your photo's but cant identify the tree from the snow. Im going to go out on a limb and guess the truck is in the U.S ?
Might be easier for you if you added your location in your profile panel, this way if it is in the U.S people who are willing to import may contact.

Dan ;)

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

More
13 years 4 months ago #41369 by badweather
You are right, Im in the US. North Carolina to be exact. I don't know how to put that on the profile. I'm not too good on a computer.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41370 by melonreo
In U.S.A there is lots or truck clubs and magazines to check out , the first one;s i would go to would ATHS (American truck historical society )mailto:bill@aths.org
ph 816 -891 -9900
the other is
OLD TIME TRUCKS , magazine 765-935-5301
they both have wanted and for sale adds...cheers pat..

13 years 4 months ago #41371 by
Replied by on topic Re: Need help on selling 67 kw
Unfortunately, old trucks in the U.S. aren't worth a great deal .. particularly unregistered, and particularly after sitting around for so long. A truck like this is essentially scrap. I'd say you'd be lucky to get $1K to $2K.

My recommendation is to put the truck on eBay (even get a friend to do it, if you can't) .. take plenty of pictures, and put everything in the description .. engine, transmission, rear axle type, rear suspension type, tire/wheel size, tire condition, and provide any info on money spent on the truck before it was retired. Get a knowledgeable male friend to get all the technical details for you, to put up for buyers.

The simple fact remains that every buyer will see the truck as one that has finished its life, and was abandoned in favor of a new one.
Add in any expensive repairs that might be needed, and a engine that is low-powered and an obsolete type, and you have to understand that this truck is really not worth much, and there's little demand for it.

It's a nice old truck to many people, but it's not a rare collectible model, and trucks are not collector items, so they rarely appreciate in value. They are what they are, depreciating liabilities.
They need to be used, they need to be stored and protected from the weather, and they need to be road-registered so people can enjoy driving them. The last factor is the costly one.
Good luck, I hope you find a keen buyer with stars in their eyes, and a heap of money burning a hole in their pocket .. :D

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds