Skip to main content

Diesel Injector nozzels

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8261 by Rookie
Help.
My 1947 Leyland is desparately in need of new injector nozzels, but they don't appear to be available for love or money. :( Not a least here in Bendigo. The suppliers here have checked their suppliers. and there is no superceeded part number. Is is possible to use a substitute.??

I'm on a steep learning curve when it comes to CAV diesel systems, but the part number I am after is BDL0S545.
I think the BDL is single hole nozzel short stem, the 0 is for 0 degree angle of the injection stream, but what does the S545 stand for?

The injectors are breaking off at the correct pressure, but are bleeding down excessively fast (like a couple of seconds). The amount of smoke the bus blows I would guess that they are stuffed

Is there any older diesel places in Melb I could try, as the Melbourne Tramways ran a fleet of these buses?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8262 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Diesel Injector nozzels
Rookie,
did you try Trickeys.... and perhaps Halls at Dunolly???

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8263 by Rookie
Replied by Rookie on topic Re: Diesel Injector nozzels
Thanks Sarge, I did try Trickeys but they didn't want to know me. Bus too old >:( . I didn't know of Halls but I will give them a try.

Had a email from a supplier in Ol Blighty. He closest nozzel he can supply is the same type except the Hole size slightly bigger (0.5 as to 0.45) and needle lift (0.4 -0.5 as to 0.2-0.4). How critical is it to have the exact nozzel?? It couldn't be any worse than what I've got now, or could it?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8264 by Cunning Stunt
Hey Rookie

I have a mate in Port Pirie who knows a lot about diesels, CAV stuff and pommy sh*t in general. I'd suggest you call and ask his advice. David Kent 0417 802 134.

He is very very switched on and I know he has a guy over his way who is a guru on the earlier injectors and pumps.

Bruce

Some play hard to get

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #8265 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Diesel Injector nozzels
HI , on ebay I came across cooma diesel service. they say that they have alot of older pumps and injectors in stock or will rebuild yours.They have a set of reconned commer knocker injectors if any on is interested and an injector pump for a hurcules motor. I have told a couple of mates with that sort of gear about them but those two items are still on ebay.Burrnett diesel services at kingaroy qld do up america bocsh pumps .Got told by the local pump guy when we took our allis DD grader pump in to be fixed That you cannt buy parts ,heard about and sent it to kingaroy ,came back working and not at a big cost. ian.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #8266 by Colin
Replied by Colin on topic Re: Diesel Injector nozzels
Hi! I think you will find (Mr. Motor Parts) could have the injectors you want).
They deal in Leyland Parts
www.mrmotorparts.com.au
ph. 029739288
1800 812 354
Doug 0r Tim ;)

cheers Colin

More
15 years 1 week ago #8267 by huppypuppy
Rookie,

Can I give you a recommendation:
Dubbo Diesel Service
Ask for Brian or Kendall
Recondtioning of Diesel Fuel Pumps & Injectors
87A River Street DUBBO NSW 2830
02 68828811

Just ring them and see if they can give you some advice! Otherwise, you is up sh!t creek without a paddle!

Joe

PS: If you have no luck with Brian and Kendall, let me know - there's two more places that I can recommend!

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds