Skip to main content

Search Results (Searched for: )

25 May 2013 06:33
Replied by ronhorse on topic Blitzs

Needed a little hep from the kids for the creek crossings ;D
25 May 2013 06:30

Photo I tried to put on some time back, figured I was on a roll with photo-phucket so stuck it on, not related to anything. ::)
25 May 2013 06:25

We hung two 44 gallon drums on the front for water to supply the tourists and give the front wheel drive some traction, vehicle was fully air conditioned ;)
25 May 2013 06:19

One of ours, Bert Bond used them but built his own bodies unlike us, but ours had more character ;D ;D ;D
25 May 2013 06:16

Len Tuit made his tourist buses out of old blitz's, here he is sitting on the ground texting to Alice. ;D
25 May 2013 06:13

Blitz I took to Ayers Rock, dog scalps on the bumper, each one a weeks wages for me, Tuit had promised the school kids he would supply 4 wheel drive, he lied, this was 2 wheel drive, rare, I learned to drive on the one, could not make it to the Olgas. >:( :-[
25 May 2013 03:31
Replied by ronhorse on topic Borroloola
25 May 2013 03:26
25 May 2013 03:11
25 May 2013 02:59
25 May 2013 02:57
Borroloola was created by ronhorse

This picture of old mate Ivan Weise, he and Ian Lovegrove owned northern transport out of Alice springs, built up quite a big outfit with a couple of small planes for station work as they were both pilots, they bought the first peterbilt onto the territory I believe, Ivan (spooks) went to Sydney to get it off the ship and there was a wharfies strike on for a week, drove him nuts!! I visited with them and Peter Watts in Alice in the '80;s and they were telling me they were going to start a fishing camp at Borroloola for tourists, also with Alan Alright, they had all got out of the transport game at this stage, Ian did his apprenticeship at the Works and Jerks in Alice where he was raised, his father was the police sergent, very straight arrow guy, Spooks was the wild card, always wanting to buy new trucks and then one of their pilots dobbed them in to the authorities for some minor infraction so all went downhill a bit, Spooks ended up shooting himself when he lost a large barramundi and Ian ended up as a caretaker at a station near Alice, fortunes made and lost sadly, anyway, Ian gave me this account by a drover named ted Gaunt which he wrote in the early '30's about the birth of Borroloola which may be of interest to some on the forum, be warned it is not PC :-/ :-/
25 May 2013 02:27
Mair, thanks so much for putting the KB6 up there, makes my heart sing, I saw a KB7 here at a show, had red diamond engine with twin carbs and full air brakes, don't know if it was standard or not, was impressed. cool truck 8-) hey, like this spell check!!!!!
22 May 2013 06:07
Replied by ronhorse on topic Perkins
Sorry 'bought that, bit of oldtimers!!! ::)
22 May 2013 06:05
22 May 2013 05:48
Displaying 136 - 150 out of 854 results.
Time to create page: 1.174 seconds