Skip to main content

'Crawlin the Hume' - ATHS Event - May 12-13, 2012

• Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #71629 by
ray .. as far as i can see the ATHS has instigated the proceedings and the HCVC is being supportive....this still doesn't mean the HCVC wanted to instigate it. (apologies for the unfortunate wording in my previous post)

what i have seen on quite a few occasions on this topic, and the lancefield thread is Slasha getting his ring gear chewed, which i'm seeing as being quite unfair

personally...i have no disrespect directed at the HCVC of VIC

...cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #71630 by Chocs
Topic Variance:
Personally....
I think if any club or member or whatever is good enough to put their time into organising an event, for others to participate in, they should be supported where possible.
This forum, irrespective of who owns it, runs it or whatever, has been a great place for us to seek assistance, meet people, share knowledge, advertise events and overall, keep many of us in touch with a hobby or industry we enjoy.
I think we are fortunate we are able to 'freely' attend events.
The events that are advertised and promoted here on this Forum alone, are enough to keep us busy most every other weekend.

Living next to a graveyard....
i have seen many people laid to rest....
One thing i have not seen is all their trucks, tractors and other possessions arriving with them.....
It is a gentle reminder when i look across the fence, to make each and every day count...

As i have written so many times before...
We are all here for a very limited time..
Enjoy what you have while you have it..

Be thankful that someone is going out of their way, to make your day, that little bit more enjoyable...

Bring on the next Run!!!
Thank you
regards
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 1 month ago #71631 by Cunning Stunt
Roger that Chocs 8-)

Some play hard to get

• Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #71632 by
Chocs

Spot on mate.

ATHS HCVC all they are is letters what trully makes us is good old fashioned Aussie mate ship, lets all pull in the one direction.

Trevor

More
12 years 1 month ago #71633 by hayseed
Quite frankly I don't care, whose running It....
Or where the Money is going...
Full marks to the ATHS for getting the event off the ground.
Any event or Organization that promotes the "desease" We on this forum ALL share, (of deisel in the veins).
Is to be commended.
I'll be there,So as i can have a trip down (or is up) memory lane, Put some faces to names, Have a beer (or 2) , spin some BS. & in general try and Promote My (our) Hobby to the general Public in a Positive Light.(given some of the recent media coverage our industry has been getting lately,this will be a good thing)

As slasha has pointed out,the ATHS is charging the Meal at COST, & has incurred some (a lot?)of up front expense.
If at the end of the day there is a surplus, What the ATHS does with it is their Business.
If they elect to retain some as a "float" to cover upfront expenses of their next event.
Or make a donation to some worthy cause.
but then there'll be a discussion over which worthy cause.

Let's just have some fun,& promote our Industry & hobby in a positive light...

See you all there......

OK rant over :)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #71634 by
? When will the mud maps be available to all of us that will be attending in cars so we can pick out a couple of good spots for taking the action shots as the trucks drive past, im sure it will be standing room only heading up pretty sally.

Trevor

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 1 month ago #71635 by Swishy

Slos Peed
Gudday M8

RE: When will the mud maps be available

S O R R Y

Tiz top secret

LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 1 month ago #71636 by prodrive
Yep. What Chocs said. Well done and well said!

• Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #71637 by
Anyone that puts their hands up to organise a large event is to be commended! And I for one am looking forward to this event. I missed out on the first Haulin the hume. Not going to miss the Crawl (more my speed anyway!).

Keep up the good work Slasha! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Will see you at the starting line!

• Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #71638 by
I just came across this forum, what a graet Idea it is to run all these old vehicles up the old highway from melbourne to the border, I done this run many of time in my younger days,(mid 60's) in both trucks and busses.
I am now of too frail health to even drive a car on this run, Who would I be able to contact about getting a seat on the club bus thats going, or is it just for members, I am willing to pay full fair, to join in on this marvulas run,,,,,,,
Thank you, Ken

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds