Skip to main content

Farm trucks

More
14 years 10 months ago #9644 by wouldyou
Farm trucks was created by wouldyou
Dads first truck unloading wheat in 1926 over single bag scales, each bag had its weight marked on it and if over 200lbs was marked 99 to keep the lumpers happy the balance over being added to a lighter bag. Our son Peter has Dads notebook with pencilled instructions from the dealer on how to drive it. Another photo has the truck with a 16 bag load 1 1/3 tons. A big difference from the present when a 50 tonne load goes in, 600 bags. David.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9645 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Farm trucks
its good to see how australia was made by hard work great pics

More
14 years 10 months ago #9646 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Farm trucks
This is the fleet about 1955. The Graham truck had the water boring plant on it during the war and a gas producer fitted to that rack on the front. When boring a drive belt was fitted from the rear wheel to drive the machine. That year was the last of harvesting into bags, '56 saw 45 bag trailer bins towed beside headers and from them the grain augered into the trucks, a bit of effort moving the auger but nothing compared to handling bags. David

More
14 years 10 months ago #9647 by kennymopar2
great pics keep them coming ..do you know where the pics were taken ?

More
14 years 10 months ago #9648 by wouldyou
Kennymopar 2 Hello, These are our pics, Wubin WA, I have driven all of these vehicles. One day of harvest 1955 Keith Nicholls-where are you now Keith ?- and I loaded carted and unloaded at Buntine the local receival point 3300 bushels of wheat. The Chev took 55 open bags and the L160 80 bags into a vee bottom bin with a G Well loader with me on the ground, our best loading times were 12 minutes for the Chev and 8 for the Inter. A 2 mile trip then unload into an elevator, bags into hopper while about 1/3 of the bin would run out the rest shovelled. At 60 lbs/bus = 88.39 tons. I met Keith again 10 years ago and he also remembers that day, we had 8 loads in and I said "we've got time for another load Keith" he let out a gasp! David.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9649 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Farm trucks
Don't those Inters look a picture amongst the other one.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
14 years 10 months ago #9650 by grahamjb
Replied by grahamjb on topic Re: Farm trucks
Great Photos

More
14 years 9 months ago #9651 by wouldyou
We had a Ford F 700 in 1967 but haven't managed to copy colour slide, this ACCO 1919 A had a 392 petrol motor. The dragline was for mining at Meekatharra, found that it slid around the hard bits which we had to blast. We were fortunate being able to do this in the eighties, with current regulations it would be impossible. David.

More
14 years 9 months ago #9652 by kennymopar2
would of been fun towing the dragline behind a 392 V8 acco ..plenty of gear changing im sure ;)

More
14 years 9 months ago #9653 by wouldyou
Dragline weighed 23 tons, this pic when we weighed it locally. A partners Volvo N12 took it to Meeka.

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds