Skip to main content

People contacting you regarding a sale of a truck

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #122570 by Tacho
And yet another, this bloke wants to buy a sleeper cab from me, which I have never advertised for sale, but was looking for something along those lines several months ago.
Anyway, I sent him off to somewhere in cyber space where the delete trash is dumped. Cheers

PS I got a crazy email from my sister in law recently which put up a story about them being robbed in the Philipines and needing urgent help. That was a total sham as they are not and never have been there, but I still wonder how they got the contact details and address list and made it look half believable.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Tacho.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #122571 by andrewM
I just received another one for a truck I sold at xmass time,
hi oldfulla if you know this gent may be you could contact him and let him know what is going on

1964 114 dodge&&
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by andrewM.

More
10 years 9 months ago #122572 by v8 inter nut
I got 1 about an r200 only wish I had one I deleted it aswell

More
10 years 9 months ago #122573 by Eddy
maaann ... he must have a heap of readies for all these trucks he's buying!

Back off boys I need to sell mine!!

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
10 years 9 months ago #122574 by Beaver
I tried to sell a couple of my cars a few years back using the on-line newspaper ads. Each time I got emails from guys "overseas" - typically, one was a missionary in Africa who wanted to buy a car for his local church pastor here, the other was a merchant seaman working in Europe who wanted to buy a surprise present for his wife here. There were some other similar stories.

Both offered to buy the car, sight unseen for the price I was asking. They would send me the money to my PayPal account, and a "friend" would pick up the car from me.

When I suggested it would be a lot easier to send the money to the friend and he could pay me cash up front, they quickly lost interest.

Had scam written all over it, more so the second time. I suspect they would take delivery of the car, then reverse the payment somehow.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
10 years 9 months ago #122575 by mad_as_hec
I have sold a landcruiser and several vintage minibikes over the last 2 years. All using gumtree. In the end I had to specify "No emails. No texts from computers. No overseas enquiries. No scammers."
The most common scam going was where they would pay you by PayPal. Pay extra for shipping and your services. You then fork out the cash to pay for transportation -after all they have paid you already - then when they receive the vehicle, the funds magically disappear from your paypal account and you are down a vehicle and the cost of exporting it!

More
10 years 9 months ago #122576 by steveb
Got one too...I like the little cross up the top that says DELETE!!!!

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #122577 by ray
Just checked my other email address and good old Alastair wants to buy my 1418 Benz, funny I always thought it was a Leyland bus.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by ray.

More
10 years 9 months ago #122578 by camma
I got one of them to.

I replied and advised that his wires are crossed and didn't have one for sale..

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

More
10 years 9 months ago #122579 by KB6Dave
I got one with the same wording as Buglys. Strange.

48 KB 6&&Freighter single axle log jinker

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds