Skip to main content

Misuse of Club Plates ?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #129406 by Raggsie
What does one think ?
Ole Mate is at the local Shopping Plaza on a Thursday afternoon, with Mum in tow loading up the weeks groceries into the totally unrestored XD Falcon.
Nothing wrong with that scene you say.
Club Plates on display, is that the right thing to do ?
How often does the journey occur ?
Who actually polices the log book ?
Is it up to the long arm of the Law to check it at random ?
I imagine some may be guilty of taking the old truck for a spin on a Sunday afternoon and not making an entry, but where do we draw the line ?
Rags

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Raggsie.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #129407 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
Well Raggsie..

(Victoria)

As long as:
He is a financial member of an appropriate Club.
The XD meets the 25 year old criteria.
It is not being used for hire or reward.
Ol Mate is within his 45 / 90 day permit
His logbook has been correctly filled out..

He is well within the rules.

I also believe, if he was within 100 metres of his garaged premises, (for test or manoeuvring purposes) no log book is required.

A have been wrong before though.

chocs 8-)

PS.
I believe any of the relevant authorities can check you out at will.
It is up to the individual to ensure they are operating within the system guidelines. ie Book filled out..

More
10 years 6 months ago #129408 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
My Terrier is as yet totally unrestored ... is it wrong for me to drive it to Mitre10 for a sheet of gyproc for my house? ::)
Entry was made into the log book ... can post it to ya to check if ya like ;) ;D

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
10 years 6 months ago #129409 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
Every State has different guidelines regarding the use of Conessional Club Permits.
It would be a pity to see what is a great scheme being abused by a few just to get cheap rego.
These issues should be handled by the relevent club,who should have the plates removed from the offending members vehicle.
If the state bodies now that a club was issuing regos for non club type use,the club could lose it's access to this great facility.
Unfortunatly some people will always press the boundries

More
10 years 6 months ago #129410 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?

offending member

but is he??

First off, we need to know how long he's had the thing. If he is in fact driving around an old hack and only a club member to avoid rego, well, ok, throw'im out. But ... if he's only had the thing a short time, and is saving the coin for a rebuild ... more power to him.

All I can add is, I'm pretty sure my truck won't be getting new paint any time soon. 'less of course I win x lotto ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
10 years 6 months ago #129411 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
The vehicle in discussion may be quite legitimate.
The problem arises when a CPS registered vehicle is used outside the bounds of the CPS scheme.
The host club signs a contract with the relevent state body handling the rego scheme.
Should a club member operate a vehicle outside the restraints of the relevent state body,the state may remove the clubs license to hold permit scheme rego's.The offender is not only putting himself in throuble but the whole club.
This is why the club must be aware of these potential problems and manage them.
As stated before by Chocs the vehicle in discussoin may be quite legitimate

10 years 6 months ago #129412 by
Replied by on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
Ok as far as I have been told I can use the 27 for whatever I want as long as its not for reward and I fill in the log book. So has things changed and I can't take it down to the local shopping centre.

Please explain.

Trevor

More
10 years 6 months ago #129413 by GRINNIN BIG
SteveB the only thing I can see he is doing wrong is having mum in tow!! He must have been a bad boy to go shopping in the first place!
Hmmmm thinking????
Cheers BG

More
10 years 6 months ago #129414 by indianman
G'day Trevor you are safe to head to mitre 11 in the '27 so long as you don't load up for interstate ;), in VIC you are allowed to use your club plated vehicle at any time provided your log book is filled out and it is not being used for financial reward. No log book filled out means instant ureg fine ( bout $600 they tell me) and if using it for commercial gain then I think not only you but the club as well are in strife.

Jon

More
10 years 6 months ago #129415 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
A non-vehicle group I am involved in found we had a group of people who also share an interest in old vehicles. So we go out in them for lunch 4 or 5 times a year.
The other week we headed to Rutherglen for a 4 day weekend touring the wineries, food places, junk shops etc.. The oldest vehicle was a Model T Ford. The newest on club plates was a 1972 Buick Riveria. Others included a 1930's Chev, 1950's Customline andmy 1955 International AR162. Under the log book rules for club plates this is perfectly legal as long as the paperwork is filled out.
We all belong to vehicle clubs but it was not anyone's club event so would have been more difficult under the previous scheme.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds