Skip to main content

Misuse of Club Plates ?

More
10 years 6 months ago #129416 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
Here ya go Raggsie..
For the Victorian's on the C.P.S.
Just some additional clarification for those of you that are not familiar with the Club Permit Scheme.

The Victorian club permit scheme allows members of car clubs (including motorcycle, trailer/caravan and machinery clubs) that are recognised by VicRoads to make limited use of historic vehicles on the road network.

A club permit can be issued to the following vehicles in the following categories:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #129417 by Chocs
The ol 'Track would be pleased with that last post..
All it was missing was a few reference pictures and the word scallywags.. :D

You learnt us well ol mate..
Thanks 'Track

chocs 8-)

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #129418 by
Replied by on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
Chocs

That's what I thought but some earlier comments had me thinking maybe I was wrong.

So need to book a (non paying) load for next April so I can Crawl the Hume fully loaded. LOL

indianman you are close with the fine value I think I was told by my local highway patrol man about $750 and he just loves pulling over club permit vehicles.

Trevor

More
10 years 6 months ago #129419 by Chocs
Topic Variance...

Trevspeed, I heard a rumour that you had a load of Glider Motors booked for the run up to Castlemaine in a few weeks? :-/

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 6 months ago #129420 by Cunning Stunt
Been reading the responses here but considering that the Raggsie resides in Balmoral, I'm thinking that ol mate n mum were in that neck of the woods. So here's the NSW & ACT limitations................

VEHICLE USE
Vehicles can only be used for events organised by their Club, another Club or recognised
community organisations provided an official invitation has been received and
documented by the Club in the official minutes, or the official 'Day Book'.
Vehicles can also be used on a road or road related area for:

Some play hard to get

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #129421 by Chocs
Thanks for the NSW/ACT info Cunning.

The Ol Raggsie might be in the Victorian division of Balmoral ;) ..
Hence the lean toward the 'Victorian' based rules within the replies.

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 6 months ago #129422 by Cunning Stunt
Hahahahaha...........Dohh!

Thanks Chocs................ :-[

Some play hard to get

More
10 years 6 months ago #129423 by kenny-mopar
we mite get lucky here in NSW the Victorian rego schemes etc usually seem to filter into the rest of australia . . . i guess if you get caught carrying a load for profit ..your excuse could be yes im carrying 300 air guitars ;)

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #129424 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
The NT Club Registration scheme has no 'within 100m' or 'close to home' rule. Any daily travel on a road or in a road related area is to be recorded in the log book as either a club event (60 days use per 12 months) or as 'test driving, service or restricted personal use' (30 days per 12 months).

A vehicle over 4.5 tonnes cannot carry any load whatsoever unless it is in conjunction with a club event and is not for hire or reward etc. This means that you cannot use your heavy truck to slip down to Bunnings for your bag of cement, but you CAN carry the old resto project on the back of the truck on the "Haulin' the Stuart" run from Darwin to Alice Springs and back. ;D

A truck under 4.5 tonnes doesn't appear to have the same restriction on the load, but of course cannot be for hire or reward.

Later edit: The NT allows travel to take place in an interstate club event, but the event has to be approved by the NT club, and written advice has to be provided to the Registrar of Motor Vehicles about the event. This then covers an interstate rego enquiry to the NT MVR.

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Bugly.

More
10 years 6 months ago #129425 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: Misuse of Club Plates ?
It's a great topic : We can see the variences in the regulations from state to state.
Most of the states recognise the regulations if the home state of the registered vehicle.This is why runs such as Haulin' and Craulin' the Hume runs are sanctioned by a host club.
This allows interstate registered clubs to legally enjoy the events put on by groups of likeminded people for our hobbies(financial losses etc.) ;D and create the harmony we all enjoy .

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds