Skip to main content

Waltzing Matilda V SuperBoss

More
14 years 9 months ago #12249 by werkhorse
Here she is in her later clothes taken at Campbelltown Tasmania in the mid to late 80's

The original colour was a lot plainer and less striping.....Red if i remember .......

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12250 by bigcam
Thats the answer to that mystey then.It`s a bit hard to pic,but the 7000`s bonnet is narrower than all the other Louisie`s,they had a narrower front axle and lighter chassis as well.There wasn`t that many of them about. ;D

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #12251 by Swishy

2 Q:?
<1> Did WM win any of the races against SB
<2> in the movie it shows WM with sigle tyres on rear n the above pic shows duels
did WM go on a show tour n was driveable by normal means with the jet engine as a display only
or did it fire up again for show purposes

EnquirinMindzNeed2No

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 8 months ago #12252 by ozfarm
seem to recall, waltzing matilda being taken around west oz on the back of a semi and being displayed

dunno if was organised by the local Ford dealer, but WM came to quairading, twas at the local footy oval, the fired the beastie up and gave it a thongfull, fairly made the tree,s bend over ;D

they left it chained down to the float when they gave it a thongfull, me thinks the loosely built had a 3208 in it, to propell the truck and to provide starting power to the jet engine

More
14 years 8 months ago #12253 by werkhorse

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12254 by werkhorse
Any bugga got a copy of the LP (yes them ol black disk thingys called records) Jetset Country by Ray Kernagan??? It had a shot of W/M under the wing of an airplane inside and a shot of her throwin the chute heading away from camera on the back.......funny I can't remember what was on the front cover :-[ :-/

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by werkhorse.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #12255 by Swishy

OzFamin
GuddayM8

Thiz thongfull!
Twaz it a heavy thongfull or jist a bit of a jab with the thong

LOL

WerkOrse
GuddayM8
In the movie I bunged up it duz show singles all round
Rumor has it th@ Colin McDonalds Kenworth COE V12-71 blew m all off the Track WM n SB included

ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 8 months ago #12256 by melonreo
hey there OZ-farm.

all the trees are bent over in your neck of the woods , to much of red aussies aerostart fumes wofting about through the twin stacka,ss ;D ;D

More
14 years 8 months ago #12257 by Dodgeanddetroit
G'day Swishy and Ozfarm
Yes they did take Waltzing Matilda on a bit of a tour around WA, I went to Albany on the south coast to see it run. From memory they unloaded it off the float with the Cat motor and then took the tailshaft off, lit the cigarette and away she went. I doubt it would happen in town these days on a street. They did the run down North road, (about 2klm and straight) closed it off either end, it was only 2 lanes then not 4 and not a huge number of houses and shops then, but it is in town. They had a few people telling the crowd to stay back off the bitumen , I dont think they had any barricades either. It would have been in the late 70s or very early 80s and well worth seeing at the time as was all very new for us.
Regards Kevin

More
14 years 8 months ago #12258 by ozfarm
they never took it off the float the day i saw, maybe because the main street wasnt long enuff LOL

melonreo

i see u bin following our adventures, heading to the states in 10 sleeps to have another adventure

the man is possessed in owning every single 1 of those things :'(

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds