Skip to main content

Sign of the Times

More
10 years 2 months ago #136122 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: Sign of the Times

NSW Govt. now talking of a ban on all Cootes trucks from their roads ?????

That was after the latest drama at Marulan where the interlect on the weigh-bridge smelt a non-existant gas leak ... wonder if the RMS officer responsible will be charged for the cost of their stuff-up

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #136123 by
Replied by on topic Re: Sign of the Times
speaking of interlect's. Years ago it had been raining and I was pulled in at a roadside inspection , I could see them bending down looking at a wheel on the tri
a fellow came up and said I had a cracked spider.
So I walked back to see what the fuss was about. It looked like a crack BUT it was only a water streak and I wiped it off with my finger and said see, I just fixed it. The look on the blokes face was priceless.......

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #136124 by
Replied by on topic Re: Sign of the Times
...Aussie Post is in the gun at the moment and there is a bit of a flap... with Vicroads starting to inspect the fleet down here :o :o :o

More
10 years 2 months ago #136125 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Sign of the Times
is that the real reason they cut their services to rural areas, they didn't have enough trucks to cart it! ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
10 years 1 month ago #136126 by Roderick Smith
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Safety defects found on one in 14 heavy trucks during checks on Melbourne streets.
Melbourne 'Herald Sun' March 23, 2014.
MAJOR safety defects have been discovered on one in 14 heavy trucks inspected - including fuel and chemical transporters - during checks on Melbourne streets in the past nine months.
VicRoads revealed the figure after documents obtained by the Herald Sun using Freedom of Information laws showed the authority failed for a year to identify hundreds of potentially deadly faults with tankers run by the country

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds