Skip to main content

Mack Air Start - Question?

More
10 years 2 months ago #137262 by bigcam
Browny, if you mean like a Nitto fitting or similar so you can access the trucks air supply your mate is right, though all you have to do is fit an air protection valve between the nitto fitting and the tank and it is all right.

All the air protection valve does is shut off the air supply at a predetermined pressure, usually around 85 psi, which ensures you can't run out of air for your brakes, they are pretty cheap, about $30. They also use them in the accessory circuits and air bag circuits.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #137263 by LYLEXR8
we have air starts on our cat dump trucks, no mufflers on the starters, they make some noise cranking up a 78 litre V16 :D

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137264 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mack Air Start - Question?

Detective .... Those Glover W models .... They ended up at Taranto Twinro/ Refrigerated Roadways didn't they ?

...g'day werk .. i'm scratchin' me head on that one....i'm battling to remember the Glover scheme in Yellow and White....it was probably just prior to the Refrigerated Roadways name who also got Eastoes a little later on...

... Taranto Twinro were the same colours as Roadways... but Roadways scheme was from memory something like what Bunker's ended up with....cheers mate

More
10 years 2 months ago #137265 by werkhorse
Been chatting to some old R/RWY drivers and they often mention ex Glover W models the came after the K models They had .... Seen a photo of one that had a blue chassis but R/RWY paint on the cab

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137266 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mack Air Start - Question?
...now that rings a bell !!...ask 'em also about the air start trick 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137267 by werkhorse
Well .... The boys were quick with a reply .... Yes they were air start 6V92s

Wait to hear about the 'trick'

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by werkhorse.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds