Skip to main content

hey all.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13033 by charles
hey all. was created by charles
just found this forum, hello to everyone.

I have just purchased a bedford of unknown year, assuming 58/59/60 or similar, it has a 4.8mx2.5m tray. 214 cube petrol six.

Bought it off ebay, 2020$, apparently it runs.

My plan is to do a beaver tail conversion, and use it for towing a car around to car events, etc

Long term I'd like to fit a 460BB/C6 combo and get a few decent LPG tanks into it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #13034 by
Replied by on topic Re: hey all.
Welcome Charles to the forum and we like Bedford owners here but you might get alot of stick over owning a Bedford but we owners have large shoulders.

Post some pics of your beast. Dave

More
14 years 8 months ago #13035 by charles
Replied by charles on topic Re: hey all.
yeah I figured that much.

will post up pics as soon as I get it back home.

14 years 8 months ago #13036 by
Replied by on topic Re: hey all.
so i suppose it has dual wheels and could be a "A"Model

More
14 years 8 months ago #13037 by charles
yeah dual wheels, no idea what model really, mate has two pics of it, i'll try get them and post them up in a few mins.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13038 by charles

heres a pic, it looks complete and in reasonable cond to me, but i know nothing about it really.

apparently that tray is 4.8mx2.5m, and the old guy fixed up the engine and put a new tray on, so I figured if it was worthy of doing that, it must be in OK cond.

as long as it makes it back to the ACT, I'll be happy, as I can repower it with a 351 clevo/c10, and put it on LPG for very very little money.

I'm just praying the brakes/susp/steering/tyres, etc are in decent cond, the rest I can fix no worries.

Any info you can tell me about it would be great, as so far I haven't been able to get in contact with the seller, so all I have is an eng number, which google has told me is a 214 petrol six. God it must be slow with that in it.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by charles.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13039 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: hey all.
looks like the sparrows have their own opinion of your lorry. ;D
she looks to be pretty tidy 8-)

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13040 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: hey all.
I know 5/8ths about Bedsteads,however,that looks like a J5 or J6 thats in pretty good nick.The later ones had a 250 ci in them,and they made them up to the early 70`s I think,I reckon it`s mid to late 60`s.Looks like a good thing mate.Is it air assisted brakes or vacuum?If you go to repower it,it`s probobly only geared for about 80 kph.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13041 by charles
yeah its got a big pile o chit on it....been in a barn for years

Yes, J5 was on one of the adds the owner posted.

No idea about brakes, all the owner said in the add was that the birds had made a nest on it.......and the tray size, and that it runs just needs a battery, etc

Gearing might be a problem then....

I hope the seller returns my call soon, and I can get chassis number and more details on the truck.

I have read they come with 5spd o/d boxes and two speed diffs, but i would think this one is 4 spd base model, etc.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13042 by charles
Some fresh info, the rego papers say tare is 2950 and agg is 9720, if she got the numbers right thats 6.7 tonne capacity, so maybe its a J6 then? Certainly plenty for what I need it for.

[img][/img]

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds