Skip to main content

Old Petrol and Bedfords

More
14 years 8 months ago #13698 by bigcam
We went back up to Somerset today to have another crack at getting the Bedstead going,the petrol was definatly part of the cause,we drained it,put in some new motion lotion and got it running on about 3 cylinders.I gave AW in WW a call to see if he new the firing order because it was backfiring up through the carby.Andy gave me a number and we had had that right.We pulled off the tappet cover and had 3 stuck valves and a bent push rod.Got the hammer and screw drivers out and got it all moving again and the old girl was running not to badly.Here`s another pic,there`s a few more on the Topic that I hijacked off Charles about his J5.

;D ;D 8-) 8-) ::) ::)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13699 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Old Petrol and Bedfords
cam, mate. what are you thinking? lol ;D ;D

More
14 years 8 months ago #13700 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Old Petrol and Bedfords
What can I say? :-?It`s for my old man,I know,you`ve probobly heard it all before. ::)Anyway,I`d forgotten how finicky petrol motors can be.So,it was a good excuse to get away from the shed ;D

More
14 years 8 months ago #13701 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Old Petrol and Bedfords
im a bit worried you might be going to waste the surplus 6V53 you have in your shed :o :P

More
14 years 8 months ago #13702 by bigcam
If I had enough time to do that,I could whack the diesel out of this one in it,

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13703 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Petrol and Bedfords
Bigcam

This is my Dad and his Bedford

This one is not so clear as it is a photo of a photo.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13704 by bigcam
Looks good Trevor,I see he`s even still got the arm with the hand on it.

14 years 8 months ago #13705 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Petrol and Bedfords
Yes the old arm gets a lot of comments.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13706 by bigcam
Yesterday I drove the old Bedstead down to the bottom of the mountain it has been perched on for at least 5 years if not more,but I didn`t bring my Trade Plate,so I went back up this morning to get it.Matt,the Manager at work came for the drive.It`s about 130k`s to get it home and was reasonably uneventfull.We stopped twice to top up the oil (we broke the tappet cover gasket getting it off yesterday),once for fuel,and Matt had to have a feed as well (he was fading away to the size of a small block of flats).The plasatic oil line to the oil gauge broke about 7 k`s from the shed,and my ute got a fine mist of oil all over it,seeing as Matt was following me.They aren`t exactly rockets are they?80kmh full niose.The flap on the passenger side had the latch broken,Matt reckoned 60 kmh it was horizontal,70 kmh got it to the full open position.
;D ;D ;D 8-) 8-) 8-)

Anyway Dad has got carried away and bought this other Gem as well,He`ll have a fleet before I know it.I use the term Gem loosely.It`s got a 253 in it.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13707 by Andy Wright
Cam, both TKs your Dad has got are roughly pre-1973 from a few external signs (location of Bedford script etc). Would be interesting to see what the data plates say. They're both a lighter model too, not sure what (I have an EFN...which fits nicely as the effing TK) but the plates will reveal all.

I know someone who makes new handles for engine doors. Let me know if your Dad needs any.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Andy Wright.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds