Skip to main content

Bostrom Air Viking 711 seat

More
9 years 4 months ago #153423 by Tacho
I have this seat which I want to use in place of the standard mechanical suspension seat in my truck.
According to Google it is has a weight self adjusting air bag. I have had it connected to the workshop compressor and it seems to be OK.
The truck air system runs between 110 & 120 psi on the dash guage. Should the seat have an air pressure adjuster or do I just connect it direct to the truck air system?
Thanks in advance, Geoff

[IMG

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #153424 by QLD Road Boss
G'day Geoff, I did the same in my Road Boss, I just plumbed it straight in and had no trouble it has been there for 4 years and is so much better than the mechanical version. I put my mechanical seat on the passenger side for my Dad, so he had a bit of comfort when he comes for a ride. Good luck, Neil.

More
9 years 4 months ago #153425 by Tacho
Thanks Neil. I intend to move the mechanical seat to the passenger side also as the seat on that side is horrible.

Cheers

More
9 years 4 months ago #153426 by bigcam
Geoff, you don't need a regulator, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to put an air protection valve on the supply line, they are about $25 and if the air bag in the seat fails the valve will shut the air off to it at about 85 psi which protects your brake circuits.

More
9 years 4 months ago #153427 by kel deutz
Hi geoff I put a Kab 711 in kw -just plug in airsupply seat adjusts to body weight automaticly, when u get out seat adjusts back to zero.
Just a suggestion maybe put one in passenger side -u may get some browny points Kel.

More
9 years 4 months ago #153428 by Tacho
Thanks Cam & Kel. If a better seat for the passenger will get me some browny points, then count me in!!!!!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #153429 by camma
It looks like you are going to put the deluxe model seat which includes a drum you can crap in.LOL

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

More
9 years 4 months ago #153430 by Tacho
Camma,I think the bin is where I'll be if the new seating is not to the liking of SWMBO....

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds