Skip to main content

10 4 Good Buddy

More
8 years 11 months ago #159721 by gilly
Replied by gilly on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
Swish, you got me going now, look what I found in the cupboard, connected her up, not much happening out there,
[IMG

Might have to send her in for a tune up
[IMG

Gilly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159722 by Giddy up Go
Replied by Giddy up Go on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
...Great work there Gilly,if you had that squelch right down you might have got 'Burt Reynolds' on the other end...'Eastbound & Down 18 Wheels Roll'in'... 8-)

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

More
8 years 11 months ago #159723 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
Did the twin aerials make any difference to the signal strength ?
Geoffb I've been floating around. saw your blue White at Goulburn last April.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
8 years 10 months ago #159724 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
Cruising at dollar in a line of rigs headed into Sydney about 3am in 1980's on the new freeway section after Mittagong. Serious discussion on the CB about stupidity of the 90 limit for trucks at the time. Then a booming
voice came over " if youse blokes don't stop talking on them things you'll all be back to 90. Radio silence!
The old tin power box on the pole outside the secondhand farm machinery place at Bookham was often on the
air " speed camera at Bookham mate " all the way up from Albury. " yair mate, thanks, all clear your way. "
Was still there a few years back, had a laugh going along the bypass. Catch ya, Paul.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #159725 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
...c'mon fellas .. 'fess up to your old call sign from back in the day 8-) 8-)....mine was Captain Seaweed !! :D :D

P.S .. like me, i'm afraid my old Silver Star might look like crinkled up tinfoil these days ! :P
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 9 months ago #159726 by defective
...we're not finished yet ya buggers ;D ;D......c'mon Swish, what was your CB callsign ol' mate :D :D

...maybe a few more might 'fess up to their younger days on the old "good buddy" 8-) 8-)

More
8 years 9 months ago #159727 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
Defective "good buddy" your coming loud and clear it's a big 10.4 but UHF came in the seventys, they might be all to old to remember :-? :-? ;D
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #159728 by defective
...there was only a couple of years in it, but those very early days were full of fun and "eyeballs" ;D ;D ::) ::)

...it all stemmed from the American truckers (and the Overdrive magazines), but there was a short period when we were all "good buddies" and the truckies life wasn't so bloody precious to preclude a copy between the "big wheels" and the "little wheels"....Jeeez, but that was ages ago... :'(
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by defective.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 9 months ago #159729 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
Infective
M8
me nevr evr had a CB
we had our our 2 way radio frequency from the mid 60'z
many thort me twaz stuk up
coz eye wouldn't Ch@ wiff m

LOL

but they kept on yakin n someone would reply

But wiff no CB me nevr did answer m

LOL
dun need no CB
az had all the names anyway

Hay U
or
Where F did U get a F lie sense

LOL

can remmeber a few drivers after work twould go up top of Mt Dandenong n ch@ to canadian drivers .... all2 do with eye on izfere n bounce BS
cya
10:4 Ovr n out

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 9 months ago #159730 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Re: 10 4 Good Buddy
Copy Defective and others, sets were single side band or SSB, somehow ended up with 40 channels. Handle was
Lizard when on general mid 70's, slow and all over the road probably. Later years not much radio procedure was
observed, just a quick call up and yak especially going opposite way before losing contact.
Late 70's to early 90's operated horse floats interstate - bit of a nuisance to some other drivers as care needed
through bends and sections of road with bad camber. Southbound down Cullerin range one afternoon, bagged up
by yellow pan with black letters - "get that sh--carter moving". "Alright for you blokes, but my freight has to stand
up all the way home". "Never thought of that". "Hang on mate, will back off & jump between the
white posts down on the straight to let you go". "Thanks mate". Down at Jugiong he's pulled up at the roadhouse.
Northbound on the New England about 2 am, passed by a jap ute before a long downhill run. He's on the box,
"Blue light looking at you down the bottom". Didn't reply, sure enough rozzer parked behind the armco on right.
Pulls me over, "Don't you know it's illegal to talk on them things". "Don't talk on it, just listen". "Who was telling
everyone I was here"? "Dunno, few little ones on the road". He wears that, but then wants to look at everything.
All ok so eventually under way again.
Bit of good fun at times, happy memories. Paul

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds