Skip to main content

Truck Show at "Boof" Wedding's Yard

More
14 years 6 months ago #16004 by VicHung
Andy

That LAD Leyland is in fantastic condition, but it isn't a Comet. The Comet had a different version of the cab, remember? To get into a Comet you had to climb over the wheel, as in the Dodge version, it didn't have the step in front of the wheel. My guess is that it is a Beaver.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16005 by bigcam
Spotted the Whites Vic,very nice thank you.The Road Boss looks like it`s nearly new it`s that tidy.Boof sounds like a generous gentleman.I saw a pic of that F model in a Bulldog Bulletin and it looks exactly the same,so the boys have done quite a job on it.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16006 by melonreo
hi VIC sure are some nice pics. thanks for going to all the hassels of uploading..

Andy Andy Andy what are we going to do with you ....you are loozin it ----fancy gettin it wrong with a leyl--- ;D

More
14 years 6 months ago #16007 by monty
Nice thanks for that ;) ;) ;) ;)

More
14 years 6 months ago #16008 by mammoth
Andy! What happened. The really remarkable thing about the Beaver is that it still has the alloy steps - If anyone knows where I can get a pair let me know. By the way that LAD Reiver up here is still looking unloved.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16009 by paul404
i liked the hilux ute the most!!! great pics vic thanks ;)

More
14 years 6 months ago #16010 by VicHung
That Hilux was kept busy too!

More
14 years 6 months ago #16011 by Andy Wright

Andy

That LAD Leyland is in fantastic condition, but it isn't a Comet. The Comet had a different version of the cab, remember? To get into a Comet you had to climb over the wheel, as in the Dodge version, it didn't have the step in front of the wheel. My guess is that it is a Beaver.

I realised that this afternoon when I was daydreaming about that truck and realised it had long doors. Sorry to let the side down, lads!

Have you found a big trailer yet, Pat? I'll have the motive power next week. ;)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 6 months ago #16012 by Swishy

WellHungVic
GuddayM8

Stihl Gr8 Pix
Keep m cummin

RE: He provided free beer,
So where'z my invirtation?
LOL
Have been known to have a weee sip when I'm not thirsty

RE: Steptoe's Blue Kenworth tray truck with the little red crawler aza load

from wot I now no
when the front guards @ the wheel arch area flow to the back normally means imported from KW Canada
the Australian n U.S. KW haz the wheel arch followin the same curve az the front wheel

Canadian KW

If RED X appears where pic should B
Right clik on RED X
Clik SHOW PICTURE

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 6 months ago #16013 by VicHung
Well spotted, Swishy, you are right - Steptoe is a Canadian KW. You can't really see it in that photo but above the KW1965 on the number plate is the word Canadian. A lot of the early KWs in NZ came from Canada and a few years ago some guys still imported them privately from there as they could get them cheaper than buying the Aussie ones from the dealer here. I don't think that has happened for a while now, though.

Next time Boof Wedding puts on a show, I'll send you an invite. I don't know whether I'll be able to persuade him to to provide a little train or merry-go-round though, but I'm sure the beer and food will be no problem! ;D ;D ;D

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds