Skip to main content

Truckin Life Volume 1 Number 1

More
8 years 1 month ago #168752 by silver1925
Hi All, would anyone have a copy of Truckin Life Volume 1 Number 1? I have one and am trying to confirm if its an original edition or a reprint. Could someone put up a picture of the cover of the original first edition for me?

Regards,

Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168765 by werkhorse
It's very easy to tell an original from a later reprint ..... firstly the reprints have a red triangle on the top left front corner ..... and all the boobies and fluffy bits are blacked out throughout the magazine ;) chuck up a photo of the cover ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
8 years 1 month ago #168904 by silver1925
Hi Werkhorse,

Thanks for responding. It took me a bit to get the photo to upload so apologies for the slow reply.

It looks like I have the reprint then? I would still like to see a picture of the front cover of an original volume 1 number 1 if anyone has one?

Regards,

Andrew

[IMG

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168905 by werkhorse
Yar .... it's a reprint done a few years back .... basically the same but censored .... probably not quite as good a quality reprint as one would have expected ..... but I guess that sets it apart from a real issue ..... BTW ... I've seen V1 N1 issue sell for over $1000 on e bay ..... even these reprints were fetching $100 at one stage .... I have many first issues of various magazines worldwide .... even have the first 2 issues of Longhaul that Bruce Honeywell put out after he first left Truckin Life .... but alas no Truckin life V1 N1

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by werkhorse.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168911 by hayseed
A hundred Bucks for the reprint.. :woohoo:

I remember buying It, I better see if If I can find It... :dry:

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 1 month ago #168923 by werkhorse
I was very bloody tempted to put my 2 reprints up there my self ..... but thought I couldn't rip someone blind like that ..... but there's people out there that will pay any amount for that sort of thing ......

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #169269 by oldfulla
I cant assist with IDing the differences - however I was at the release of the mag at the Brispane Truck Show in 1976 (as it appears from the cover date). Ironically - I was at the Truck Show as part of a trip to bring home (to Townsville) a new Big A (white one) and new Haulmark trailer. In that era - our new Dealer Stock was picked up from Haulmark - left on the service road with the keys on the top of the drivers side front tyre. The fuel tanks were MT - so it was a mad dash to Gailes (the closest 24hr Servo) for fuel. On that occassion I approached the (then) major Oxley Rd Intersection on a red light. Jake brake switch on and warning light iluminated - lifted both feet - all to find no 'funny noise' and a seeming increase in speed. Lucky it was about 11.00pm and no traffic. A quick inspection at the servo showedall the Jake wiring in place but no big bit between the rocker boxes and the covers. Needless to sy - a lesson learnt.

Anyway - naturally I purchased a copy of TL from the ladies assisting the promotion. Read it - lent it to some one - never to see it again. At the 25th Anv of the mag - I bundled them all up and Greyhound kindly freighted them to the Alice Springs Musuem. The only copy missing from the 25 years was that No1.

Sadly (I felt) - I got no 'thank you' from the Museum - despite their appearing to be welcoming of the donation during our 'talks' as to whether they wanted them or not prior to my packaging and arranging free freight - along with a comprehensive index etc.

Oldfulla
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianoz

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #169273 by Mrsmackpaul

oldfulla wrote:
Sadly (I felt) - I got no 'thank you' from the Museum - despite their appearing to be welcoming of the donation during our 'talks' as to whether they wanted them or not prior to my packaging and arranging free freight - along with a comprehensive index etc.

Oldfulla

Your not the first person to make a comment along those lines it's a shame that the they (the museum ) dont take the time to make sure all that type of stuff is always done as it can really leave a sour taste in peoples mouths and I have no doubt in this modern world of internet that someone out there will read your comment and still not thank you our apologize for not doing it before it's the little things that make all the difference

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianoz, werkhorse

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #169289 by defective
...they're way beyond their depth up there .. after all, and with due respect to the toilers...... it's still all redneck country..... :whistle: :
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by defective.

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds