Skip to main content

Wanted-Gear shift diagram, Inter 510A

More
7 years 6 months ago #175894 by Dave_64
Hi All,
On the scrounge again. Would anyone happen to have the linkage diagram from a 510A International cab over with the T17 (NP435) remote top on it?
Believe it mounts on some sort of bracket bolted to the radiator support, runs down parallel with the engine and hooks up somehow to the arm sticking out of the off-side (drivers side) on the top of the box. I have the cast iron top version, but don't have any of the linkages.
Have been told that either the same set up was used for the 5 speed box (with 2 speed rear axle) and POSSIBLY also for the larger versions of the Inter's. Been looking out for a linkage set up from a wreck, but if I can get a bit of an idea, worse comes to worst, I may be able to fabricate something up.
If anyone has a workshop manual they could copy and post up, or I can swap email addresses with, it would be greatly appreciated.
As long as the linkage(s) are similar, just may do. Have a feeling that the remote mount for a R/Ranger where it comes out of the actual box is different, but have a few ideas to get around that end of the set up.
Thanks, Dave _64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #176018 by Blackduck59
Dave,
Been doing a little trolling. Google 510A- comes back to HCVC and there are some old posts with pic's, 1 just shows a bit of the control tower
on the radiator
May pay to ask for pic's of the linkage system
Member "Overthetop" may be able to help, he is the latest member I can find with a 510A,
Were a couple of others but think they have faded away
Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
7 years 6 months ago #176061 by Dave_64
Blackduck,
Thanks for the heads up, one of the libraries in Melbourne are arranging to photostat the relevant pages for a minor cost + p/p.

They (libraries) seem to no longer loan out to outsiders when it comes to vehicle workshop manuals---they reckon they no longer get them back! Sad reflection on the way things are going, makes it hard for the rest of us. Cheers.
Dave_64

More
7 years 5 months ago #176589 by Dave_64
Hey, Guys.
Well, finally got to have a look at the Inter workshop manual, UNFORTUNATELY only had the one picture and one diagram and was really not a great deal of help.
Know it's a big ask, but if anyone out there has one of these smaller ACCO's with either the 4 OR 5 speed box, next time your up close to it, could you possibly take a photo of both the transmission linkage , gearbox end as well as the tower end?
Reckon I have enough bits and pieces of old tie rods and ball joints to make up the gearbox end from what I can scrounge and modify here.
Tower end looks (from the line drawing) to be a bit more complex.
Larger trucks with R/Ranger boxes have a different coupling at the gearbox end, but MAY possibly be the same or similar at the tower end.
Would really be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave_64

More
7 years 2 months ago #179610 by overthetop
Hi Dave did you get all the info you needed ?

More
7 years 2 months ago #179615 by Dave_64
Overthetop,
Would still like to get a photo snap of where the tower bolts to the radiator bracket and also where the remote control linkage bolts to the actual remote housing.
Thanks, Dave

Time to create page: 0.630 seconds