Skip to main content

My new to me 1949 Bedford tipper

More
7 years 2 months ago #179532 by swiftden
No using a tilt tray due to no brakes !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179544 by swiftden
Well she is now home. Apparently a later model engine has been fitted with a syncro box. I have been told it is from around the same era tho possibly 50's If i find the engine number is there a way of identifying what model/year it would have come from? i assume another k series bedford .Will this cause issues with club rego ?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by swiftden.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179545 by 600Dodge
No brakes shouldn't have "stopped" you, they would only have come into play at the end and as you said you live on a hill the slope would have halted proceedings. Good job on getting her home. Depending on the club and its inspector the engine may not be a problem if it is within keeping with the period and spirit of the vehicle. On that note I did hear that the inspector for the vintage car club in Broken Hill(who is quite well known for his "antics") knocked back a vehicle because it didnt have wheels with the right date code stamped on them, so they are out there.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179601 by swiftden
I clipped the sides onto the old girl to see what it would look like. While hunting around the truck and looking i came across this badge on the passenger side of the vehicle. Is it standard or is it an add on ?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by hayseed.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179602 by swiftden
Location of badge

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by hayseed.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179611 by hayseed

mammoth wrote: Your cab was made by Holden

Swifty, this is why your cab has that Badge..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
7 years 2 months ago #179612 by swiftden
Yes i understood it was made by GMH just didnt realise they put a little badge on the body .
My Chassis number ends with a little "HA" would that suggest holden's Adelaide ?

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #181578 by swiftden
Does any one have an electronic version of a workshop manual for the Bedford ML ?

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #182286 by swiftden
I now have an electronic copy of the manual.
I went down to Adelaide and met with "Pierre"
Thanks to him i now have some extra front guards and some seat bases for my truck.

I am also looking for another set of the clearance lights like the third picture if anyone has a set drop me a PM please. not worried about the lenses just need the metal work to be in good condition.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by IHScout.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182292 by JOHN.K.
Your "new" motor will be a 214 ,the four speed box a copy of the Chev box.Very good motor,the box is the best fitted to a Bedford,The 5speeds were all Turners and rubbish.I knew guys who towed semi trailers with 214s.The 4sp boxes are a bit hard to find now,because they were so popular for mobile homes built on buses.Incidentally,the early Toyota 4sp truck box was also near identical and internal parts interchangeable.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds