Skip to main content

My new to me 1949 Bedford tipper

More
6 years 11 months ago #182311 by swiftden
John
Do you or someone else know what manual i need to look for then to cover my gearbox and my engine ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182314 by Mrsmackpaul
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI reckon this would be just about a perfect match for your clearance lights just unscrew the mounting bracket they are on ebay as well

www.mayhilltractors.com/index.php?route=...duct&product_id=2961

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 11 months ago #182316 by swiftden
Thank for the links Paul. If i can find any original spares around the place they will suit. i want to use them as from indicators mounted on the guards near where the bumper bolts on . Ill fit orange lenses to them.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183906 by swiftden
Can anyone tell me why my bedford has a key hole on the passenger side but not on the drivers side ?

More
6 years 10 months ago #183911 by 600Dodge
Very common on that era of vehicle.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183915 by Swanny
I was told by an bloke many many years ago when my first job driving on old split screen Austin truck don't know the model but i think it only had key entry on passenger door & he said it was for safety , so driver could only enter from passenger side when truck was locked : Also there is an add on tv at the moment for continental soup which uses an old bedford that looks very similar to your 1949

More
6 years 10 months ago #183916 by swiftden
That would make sense. I have not seen the TV Ad.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183917 by Swanny
the add shows a farmyard scene it starts to rain & the people run to a shed & there she is parked out of the rain

More
6 years 10 months ago #183918 by Swanny
some body might know where the add was filmed it might be your lorry

More
6 years 10 months ago #183920 by Swanny
My uncle used to drive tow trucks back in the 1950s & he drove a yellow tow truck for casben towing in padstow it was the same model & it had the nickname THE GORILLA because of the heavy steering he said you needed arms like a gorilla to steer it

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds