Skip to main content

Club rego

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188194 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Club rego
if you look at the AOMC website (Associaton of Motoring clubs) or get their booklet it explains a lot of things which are answers to questions posed by VicRoads
for example you can have your current business name on a CPS vehicle and it can be parked outside your business (or anywhere really) but you can not use it to make deliveries.
Private non-business use is fine. I used mine to pick up 5 raised garden beds for home. My wife can't get down to ground level and it makes them more rabbit resistant. It was either 1 trip in the truck or several in a car and trailer. One day the house will be sold when we eventually move into town so how many years does there need to be? If I made my living buying, renovating and selling property then getting those garden beds would have been a business use of the vehicle.

I also had the truck loaded when I drove it to out Echuca Property when moving out of Glen Waverley. It seemed a waste of time to drive it up empty

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by bparo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188196 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Club rego
In queensland,to move a SIVS reg. vehicle outside the allowed radius for testing(15km?) from the nominated address.,you need to get a permit to move/or get a club rally route approval for the trip.Permit costing $100 +.per day,unless you can talk them into a longer period,to a max of 7 days.This is virtually impossible.As to loading,there are widely differing opinions on what loading is allowed.Ive heard claimed that 1/4 of the manufacturers plated load is allowed.Calculation required here.Others say normal axle/tire loads are allowed.There are a lot of grey areas.The guidelines are written with cars in mind ,not trucks.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188198 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Club rego
the loading varies from state to state and the home state's rules apply.

I live on the Vic side of the Murray so can load my AR162 to full manufactures weight (around 9.1 tonnes gross) even if I travel into NSW. If I lived over the river in NSW I would only be allowed 4.55 tonne gross. Given it weighs around 4.1 tonne empty it wouldn't be able to carry the stationary engines, tractors and camping gear that it often has.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188199 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Club rego
Here are the Qld regulations, Not really any grey areas particularly with commercial vehicles. Don't know why there is any discussion on this as it is clear on weights.

You can go to any show, charity event or display anytime. You can go any distance for repairs.

www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/fe...nterest/restrictions

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188201 by Vic Rhodes
Replied by Vic Rhodes on topic Club rego

bparo wrote: the loading varies from state to state and the home state's rules apply.

I live on the Vic side of the Murray so can load my AR162 to full manufactures weight (around 9.1 tonnes gross) even if I travel into NSW. If I lived over the river in NSW I would only be allowed 4.55 tonne gross. Given it weighs around 4.1 tonne empty it wouldn't be able to carry the stationary engines, tractors and camping gear that it often has.

That's not the way I read It..

www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/ge...-vehicles/index.html

i think QLD is like you say, & only allowed 1/2 the Gross..

BISTBC

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188203 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Club rego
Vic Rhodes

I think you are correct. There is no load weight restriction for historic vehicles in NSW other than the standard manufacturer's figures.

The Queensland one is very problematic as some bodied vehicles such as tankers, fire trucks, tilt trays and crane trucks etc are over 50% of the manufacturer's gross before they start. My F86 Volvo eight wheeler crane truck went 11 tons empty and 23 tons loaded meant I could legally carry 1/2 a ton!

As you can see from my avatar I have very light vehicles in the rest of my collection.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188208 by JOHN.K.
see what you mean.....with the leyland ,i would actually have a negative quantity,dont exactly know what this means............Anyhoo,not entirely wasted time,as I just applied for a seniors card and rego discount on the ute....................When you think about it,most trucks are around 1/2 gross,so this is govt s way of saying.......NO LOAD.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188209 by JOHN.K.
You d have to get a lightweight bogie/lazy with an ,ally tray,then you might get a 5 ton tare with 11 ton gross.You d need to pick the truck to get reasonable load,but it could be done.Certainly no NH Cummins or 8/71s in the picture.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188247 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Club rego
Is it a particularly Australian thing, to make so many different rules, regulations, and just general BS, regarding someting that should be so simple? Then add the different states, and all the equally ridiculous garbage, as each state decides that THEIR rules are more important than any OTHER states rules.....
It's really got me stuffed. What difference does it make WHAT in the hell you do with your truck, or where you drive it? You pay a fee. you get an identification mark/plate. Lets face it, rego is for two , maybe three reasons- A) Revenue. B) Identification. C) Insurance.
NOTHING else is important, unless you want to complicate something that should be simple.
I mean, I know we need rules to stop people being shifty, but those people are shifty anyway, and just ignore the rules !
The idea of each state making up it's own club rules is just plain dumb, so is the idea of all these ridiculous rules to stop this, and stop that.
Honestly, where is this country headed? What in the hell is wrong with us?
Anyway there's my rant for the day...
Cheers
Rich

More
6 years 6 months ago #188248 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Club rego
Prodrive,
I couldn't have put it better myself. You are 100 per cent correct!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds