Skip to main content

IH AA120 4x4 Travelall

More
6 years 6 months ago #188782 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic IH AA120 4x4 Travelall
wheelbase 114,129,153.If you use a chassis from something else,you are going to fall foul of the ADRs relevant to the age of the chassis.You would need to transfer all the bits onto your inter chassis.Years ago,I transfered all the bits of a Toyota 4x4 onto a Dodge truck chassis,the Toyota was run over by a D9H at the sandmine on Straddie.Not a cruiser,by the way ,but a 4x4 1 1/2 tonner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clance66

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188783 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic IH AA120 4x4 Travelall
If you were in Qld (presume other states are similar) you can use a complete rolling chassis off something else and put your Inter body on OK. The vehicle just becomes a rebodied Toyota/Nissan or whatever and keeps its original VIN identity.

As John says the ADR's applying to that particular year will apply. You will have to use original steering column but need an engineer's certificate for seat belts. brake pedal changes, body attachment points etc.

A mate has a 1963 Jeep Forward Control FC-170 cab and tray on an 80's Jeep Cherokee rolling chassis, went through no problems

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clance66

More
6 years 4 months ago #189924 by Clance66
Replied by Clance66 on topic IH AA120 4x4 Travelall
Hi Jarrod, Looks like I'm going to put a 345A V8 in it as I scored one pretty cheap. I see you mention a NP gearbox, xould you enlighten me more with a full model number & whether it'll bolt up to the 345 & still go in my truck?
Thanks,
Adam

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #189930 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic IH AA120 4x4 Travelall
NP435. IH calls it a T17. I have one off a V8, It appears to have a much shorter input shaft than the 6 cylinder version. I think it's off a bigger truck (bigger handbrake). I would think a 435 should bolt straight up in place of that Scout gearbox. Is that yours on Facebook with the Scout motor and 'box? It should bolt on in place of that.
I haven't personally worked on a V8 bonnetted Inter, so can't give informed comment on the mounting position. I would think the gearbox should end up in the same spot? I would have a spare jackshaft here, too. (6 cyl, which I could measure)
I would have to check parts books to see if 6 and 8 are the same part.

AFAIK, a 435 and a T98 will interchange as a complete assembly. Not certain, though.

I can measure stuff if you need. There should be plenty of 435's around from smaller trucks. You just leave the brake drum off the output flange, since yours is on the transfer case.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by asw120.

More
6 years 4 months ago #189931 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic IH AA120 4x4 Travelall
Clance

The International Scout auto was a good unit that bolts right up to the 345.

Lang

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #189932 by Blackduck59
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Blackduck59.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds