Skip to main content

Low loader with dolly info.NSW

More
6 years 4 months ago #190042 by jeffo
Must be a WA thing Billy.
Read a news story of a retired truckie turned grey nomad who hooks his van on the back of the Cruiser and then the boat on the back of the van. All up 16.7m, not a big van and the boat trailer is about the same length.
Had it engineered and with his licences she's legal in all states except WA where he has to get inspected and then issued with some permit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 4 months ago #190043 by Swishy
Jeffo
gudday m8

RE: she's legal in all states
Dunno bout th@

here in Vic ifn twaz legal U would already see m around
also U wouldn't get far az every cop would B pull n U ovr
haven sed th@ they can join 2 Portable traffic signs trailers

www.gazette.vic.gov.au/gazette/Gazettes2015/GG2015S208.pdf

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 4 months ago #190050 by jeffo
I can't copy the SMS but it was in the Mildura Weekly, 12/4/13, byline Adam Luitjes.
Realise that's not a big name newspaper but I imagine they just stole the story from another source.
Max length permitted 19m, bloke's name was Jim Underwood.
I didn't like his choice of a single axle van in the middle, imagine the whole thing would get the death wobbles pretty quickly when a decent sized truck overtook them.
But just about every grey nomad has a 20' van behind a Cruiser, some are even longer. That combination would be pushing 12m so it's not much of a stretch to old mate's length.
My old man had a 28' Viscount, towed behind the Dodge Phoenix. I reckon that would have gone 15m O/A no trouble.

More
6 years 4 months ago #190062 by Southbound

jeffo wrote: Must be a WA thing Billy.
Read a news story of a retired truckie turned grey nomad who hooks his van on the back of the Cruiser and then the boat on the back of the van. All up 16.7m, not a big van and the boat trailer is about the same length.
Had it engineered and with his licences she's legal in all states except WA where he has to get inspected and then issued with some permit.

IIRC you can drive your club permit vehicle all over Australia except WA. Must be a seperate country. :evil:

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
6 years 4 months ago #190086 by bparo
the club permit thing was an issue under the old system but was fixed about 5 years ago, shortly after the implementation of the CPS log book

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
6 years 4 months ago #190087 by .RC.
Replied by .RC. on topic Low loader with dolly info.NSW

atkipete wrote: These should be national regs now and take into account what is needed to get vehicles to a suitable unloading point or repairer.

This is how national regulations usually work. They take the most retarded bits from each state and add them all together to "harmonise" the laws.

National laws are stupid. What might work for swishyland does not work for north queensland.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 4 months ago #190095 by Swishy
RE: National laws are stupid

Yes ArseC

The NHVC th@ spose 2 B equal for all OZ
Fancy rely n on Quinslund to run all OZ transport
I might remind U ArseC Quinslund iz 10 years BHind the rest of the world

National truck registration spose 2 B the same all round OZ ... wen it aint
the total amount for reg is much the same for each state .... until they add the compulsory Transport Accident Insurance n th@'z wen it gets all out wak

Rules n lawz change

eg: ...... tiz alright in Qld 4 U to cart bessy round in the truck cab with U
but in Vic the inter lek shal State of Oz we no better

LOL

;) :lol: ;) :lol: ;)

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds