Skip to main content

Finally......I got a screamer!

More
14 years 2 months ago #20699 by melonreo

;D youv,e now got a nice pair of knockers ;D

Cribpo you beet me to it --well said ;D ;D ;D
bruceman soon to be king of the highway ;)
the sweet little 453 turning diesel into music :-* :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #20700 by GM Diesel
Bruceman king of the highway.....Bruceman king of the earmuff brigade... :D

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 2 months ago #20701 by henryox
Hey mate, dont let these blokes frighten you on the noise of your 53, in a cab over the noise is different and when this little buggar hits 2600 the noise changes, the sweet spot, my first one was in 77, in the very first 775 Dodge, my cousin owned it and ran it at 3300,pulling a trailer syd, melb 18ton payload,it had a 5 spd eaton,same as army acco 4x4, you only need a 5spd 2 spd, any more gears and you wont have time to use them,secrect is to have a flywheel at least 2 1/2 inches thick,get the quitest muffler going, and put a fuel cooler on the return line, a car tranny cooler will do, for every degree rise in fuel temp over 90F you will loose 2.5% power, and keep the engine well tuned, lessons learnt the long way Rob

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #20702 by Cunning Stunt
Thanks for the tips Rob. I actually don't scare that easily and I'm looking forward to getting it on the road but my other boat anchor is taking my time up so far. However I did hear of a few bits for sale which included a couple of cabs. Went and had a look and struck a deal :) :)

Happened to also be Dodge badged so that's how it will stay. For the accountants, $3000 for the truck and $450 for the cab..............cheap truck so far and I have good contacts for the build ;)

Some play hard to get
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Cunning Stunt.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds