Skip to main content

ATKINSON

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #20799 by JnrMack
ATKINSON was created by JnrMack

This is my old girl, picked her up yesterday and took it to my mates yard. The fun now begins.
Would anyone know where i could find an axle for a Kirkstall diff, there is a spare housing and axles but there are 3 different splines and thats the wrong 1. I'd give the whole housing as a swap cos its useless to me.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by JnrMack.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20800 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: ATKINSON
Very nice find. Well done. 8-) 8-)

Dennis

More
14 years 3 months ago #20801 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: ATKINSON
Brilliant find there mate, what engine and gearbox does it have ? I know of a couple of places who might have an axle.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20802 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: ATKINSON
The big Question-Did you get your 6/71?

More
14 years 3 months ago #20803 by 240 Gardner
Replied by 240 Gardner on topic Re: ATKINSON
Fantastic! It looks very original - would it have been built with that cab, or re-cabbed as a replacement for the Preston cab? I think it would look completely at home back in the U.K. and I want one!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #20804 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: ATKINSON
Well done. She's a beaut!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 3 months ago #20805 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: ATKINSON
That's fantastic1 How about a bit of history and a few specs??

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 3 months ago #20806 by Jake Brake
Replied by Jake Brake on topic Re: ATKINSON
Looks good JnrMack, try MR ATKINSON, Bruce Parris about an axle, his phone number is 0357942400

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20807 by JnrMack
Replied by JnrMack on topic Re: ATKINSON
Here are the spec's and a bit of info on the old girl. It's a 66 model, which means it's the first the fibreglass cabs, i only know that by the rego sticker. I haven't found a plate stating the build date. It's got a 6 cyl Gardner, most likley 150hp. 10 spd RR with a PTO and Kirkstall diff.
As mentioned its got a broken left axle which has been removed and so has the right 1 to get the broken bit out, but they where never put back so the diff centre has been exposed to the elements for a number of years. So i'm gonna have to pull it out to clean it up. Apart from that the mechanicals seem to be all in good nick. It hasn't been started for a while but before i do i'm change the oil and run new fuel though it.
The company i bought it and used it to pull a 2 axle float for there road building gear. They bought it in the 80's where it had been sitting on the side of the road in outer eastern Melb. It was blue and white then but they painted it in there own colours and used it till it broke the axle. They couldn't find a replacment at the time so they parked it up and replaced it with a Mack with intentions of restoring it them selves but never got around to it.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #20808 by Atki-vated
Replied by Atki-vated on topic Re: ATKINSON
Hey Jnrmack,

Good rescue I reckon...I've got an excellent article on "how to start a Gardner that's sat". Can send it to you if you want, could be helpful. :-?

Also got a service manual for an Atki with Kirkstalls at 6.28. Chassis number 12311, I think it is a Cummins powered 6x4 but the RR axle maybe the same as yours. It's called a service manual but more like a built spec with part numbers for everything. ::)

Cheers
Bruce
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Atki-vated.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds