Skip to main content

Stay Awake?

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #219216 by Lang
Stay Awake? was created by Lang
This just popped up on my Gumtree search page. Looks pretty suspect to me. Apart from Nicotine and Caffeine I have no idea what the other stuff is. Surely we are past the days of stuffing drugs down our throats to keep awake to meet a deadline?

I think that although it appears legal it is pretty unethical to market as Truckies Formula.

ZONEIN

TRUCKIES FORMULA

Whenever you're hauling on the Big Road just add 5 - 10ml ZONEIN to your water bottle and have a drink.

ZONEIN won't return a positive test!

We supply ZONEIN to Truckies, Miners, Taxi Drivers, Shift Workers in many industries, Gym Enthusiasts and Professional Athletes, just to name a few!

ALWAYS keep a bottle handy in your truck or gym bag.

Available in 5 sizes - 6 flavours

1 Litre 200 serves Berry Orange Lime Cola Blueberry Blackcurrant

600 ml - 120 serves Berry Orange Lime Cola Blueberry Blackcurrant

300 ml - 60 serves Berry Orange Lime Cola Blueberry Blackcurrant

200 ml - 40 serves Berry Orange Lime Cola Blueberry Blackcurrant

100 ml - 20 serves Berry Orange Lime Cola Blueberry Blackcurrant

ZONEIN has been specifically formulated for the LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVER. ZONEIN is an Australian made legal product that truckies can use during the LONG HAUL!

KEY POINTS:

• No Crash

• No Fillers

• No Proprietary Blends

INGREDIENTS:

BETA ALANINE 1g, ARABICA CAFFEINE 100mg, CITRUS AURANTIUM (including synephrine) 14.4mg, TAURINE .5g, ACETYL L-CARNITINE 217.50mg, STEVIA, NICOTONIC ACID 7mg, N-ACETYL CYSTEINE 500mg.

Directions for use: Shake the bottle before use as contents may settle at the bottom.

To have as a SHOT put 5ml -10ml maximum in your mouth, swish around for 20-30 seconds and then swallow completely.

Suggested use: Depending on tolerance to supplements. Drink 5 -10ml maximum mixed in 100ml - 200ml water 15 minutes before DRIVING, weight training or any sport, or during cardio.

Keep Out Of Reach Of Children

• Do Not Use if you suffer from Hypertension or have a heart condition

• This product is a Sports Supplement

• Not to be used as the sole source of nutrition

• Not suitable for children under 16

• Not suitable for pregnant and breast feeding women

• Consult your doctor prior to use if you have a medica
l condition

DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE IN ANY 24 HOUR PERIOD
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #219217 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Stay Awake?
I went through the list and don't think any responsible person would use it, particularly while driving. This list is on top of the known serious side effects of nicotine and caffeine in the large amounts found in this brew.

Beta Alanine
Beta-alanine is a non-essential amino acid. Non-essential amino acids can be made by the body, so they don't have to be provided by food. Most amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. However, some like beta-alanine are used to make other chemicals in the body.

Beta-alanine is commonly used by mouth for improving athletic performance and building lean muscle mass in younger adults, and improving physical performance in elderly adults. It is also used for symptoms of menopause, but there is limited scientific research to support this use. The only reported side effect is paraesthesia (i.e., tingling)

Citrus Aurantium (also called Bitter Orange)used as a stimulant and for flavour
But bitter orange is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken in the larger amounts used as medicine. Bitter orange, taken by itself or with stimulants such as caffeine or caffeine-containing herbs, might increase the risk for high blood pressure, fainting, heart attack, stroke, and other severe side effects.

Taurine L-Carnitine
When taken by mouth: Taurine is LIKELY SAFE for adults when used in amounts found in foods. Taurine is POSSIBLY SAFE for adults when used as a medicine for up to 3 months.

Stevia (sweetener)
There’s concern that raw stevia herb may harm your kidneys, reproductive system, and cardiovascular system. It may also drop blood pressure too low or interact with medications that lower blood sugar.In some people, stevia products made with sugar alcohols may cause digestive problems, such as bloating and diarrhea.

N-Acetyl Lysteine

Generally OK. When taken before alcohol it protects the liver from damage BUT when taken after alcohol it increases liver damage considerably
Upset stomach
Diarrhea
Fatigue
Skin rash
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 2 months ago #219219 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Stay Awake?
I think your fighting loosing battle Lang
People refuse to do whats right with out been forced to, that has nothing to do with truck drivers but people in general

My father went thru a whole performance everytime he had to wear his seat belt for as long as I can remember
Despite the fact that they are proven to greatly increase your safety
I work on and off with a lot of younger people 35 and under and the recreational drug use these days is mind boggling

The whole culture of todays Australia is different than 30 years ago, I'm not as old as some but am a lot older than others

Back to trucks and stimulants, speaking to Pomy truck drivers, they tell me the best thing that ever happened to truck driving was a maximum 8 hour day, I believe that includes loading and unloading
The European trucking industry was dragged kicking and screaming into this but it forced change and the results were well worth it

That is how I understood what was told to me some years ago

We do the opposite in Australia, basic fatigue and mass management arent helping the situation and I feel are only making it worse

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
3 years 2 months ago #219240 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Stay Awake?
There are a couple of truckies that may have benefitted by using this over the last 2 or 3 days. One went off to the land of NOD and ended up in the boggy grass in the centre and the other clipped a rigid truck then jack knifed beautifully while travelling sideways wioping out some guard rail blocckin g the highway down to one lane for nearly all day while they recovered the semi then rapired the guard rail with a contra-flow in place.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219241 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Stay Awake?
If I had the green formula,Id probably use it for two stroke oil.....same bottle ,same colour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 2 months ago #219243 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Stay Awake?
Or in the radiator

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219270 by allan
Replied by allan on topic Stay Awake?
What might have been in the No-Doze tabs from the 70s? Apart from a $hitload of caffeine that is.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219271 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Stay Awake?

allan wrote: What might have been in the No-Doze tabs from the 70s? Apart from a $hitload of caffeine that is.

Absolutely nothing in them. Never did anything for me.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219272 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Stay Awake?
All of that over the counter crap is nothing but Mind over matter as far as I'm concerned..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: overnite

More
3 years 2 months ago #219275 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Stay Awake?
No Doz is still available. $16 a box from the chemist. I think a cup of coffee would be just as good.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds