Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
2 years 5 months ago #228717 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Frauline Friday
The army and maybe the airforce had 911s ,some 4x4.........I think maybe Coca Cola may have had some 911s as body trucks.......When the army signed up for the Unimogs,there was supposed to be a manufacturing offset,with Benz parts being made here ........unfortunately ,the deal seems to have lapsed pretty early on,and I know the OZ spring production for cars was judged substandard and cancelled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228718 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
Here is one just sold at the military auctions a few months ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH

More
2 years 5 months ago #228720 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Frauline Friday
2626 would have been a big jigger, in the day.
The Coke (Linfox?) 911s were a special spine chassis build, to accommodate the special bottle body, IIRC. It was a Coke patented design and part of the deal with Linfox, was that the chassis would be cut up at the end of service with Linfox/Coke, to prevent any other drink company being able to use the design.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228723 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday

Cricky Lang, they might be buxom and cheerful, but they couldn't pull a beer to save their life.

They could pull my beer any day, those girls must have strong wrists, I reckon my wrists would battle carrying the load

Never heard of a 1418 with less than 205 hp until today, and the biggest hp at the time from Benz was the 240

I have driven the V series jobbies on the odd occasion and I reckoned they went pretty good, certainly very quiet and the ride was far better than my Mack

A different type of power than American but would pull pretty good I thought and the people I new that had them appeared to have got a good run out of them and were quite happy with them

Cracking photos Lang and the rest of jokers as well

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 4 months ago #228730 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Frauline Friday
Around the time we are looking at three horse power rating systems were being used. The British standard horse was roughly 10% bigger than a metric DIN one, with America using ponies so might be that the 205 =180 using the different standards.
A good example was that the Volvo G88 was advertised as 270 hp here and 240 hp in the UK.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228731 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Frauline Friday
V8Ian The SEC (State Electricity Commission) here in Victoria ran a fleet of L911's with hole boring augers as electricity pole erectors. My late Father-In-Law was the driver of Winch Truck No. 1.

Regarding German beer, don't make the mistake of judging all beer by the one you know. Many countries have very different formulae and gas levels in beer. Some places have beer that is almost completely flat, with no head, and others have much more head than Aussie beer. Those girls certainly must have strong wrists. I am pretty sure I could not lift that number of jugs of any beer. It is mostly water that weighs one kilo per litre!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, xspanrman

More
2 years 4 months ago #228739 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Frauline Friday
My local is a German pub, the german beers have a mark in the glass where the beer ends and the head begins and they are also poured from a different style of tap. At times when desperate they have run Australian beer through the german style tap and it ends up with a head that no australian beer drinker would want. In the litre steins the head is about two inches thick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #228933 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
NMP's . The car carrier with a load of Goggomobiles was taken at Punchbowl NSW. The 4th photo was taken by Rufus Carr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #228940 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Frauline Friday
The one with the OCL container is in a sorry state. Didn’t realise how similar the cab looks to a Commer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, V8Ian

More
2 years 4 months ago #228942 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
Overnight you are dead right. Funny how when I was driving the similar Commer I thought those Mercedes looked really "boofy" and unattractive. Looking at the photos they don't seem too bad from this distance in time.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds