Skip to main content

Thank you!

More
1 year 8 months ago #236668 by prodrive
Thank you! was created by prodrive
Just a thought- I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the forum users. I don't contribute a great deal (except the occasional Frauline, but thats important stuff) but the forum is required reading for me every day, to see what been going on, and what people are doing.
The wealth of information is amazing, so many times I've looked at a topic that I have no interest in, only to find it's quite fascinating, and I end up reading every reply.
The stories, the links from Lang, (how good was the worlds longest flight?) Overlanders pics and brochures which really appeal to me because they take me back to when I was a spotty kid on a bike hoping the truckies would wave at me or toot their horn at me as they drove past... or away with Dad in the truck envious of all the "big rigs" when Dad only had a 1418...the informative stuff on how you make your old banger do it's stuff, Pauly's adventures, it goes on and on, and I can't mention you all
But truthfully it doesn't matter who you are, your info, questions, stories and pics are just great, and I appreciate it.
So thank you, all of you. Keep it up!
Cheers
Rich
Here's a pic for no reason apart from pics are good and it's a shame we all didn't take more ...This was at a clearing sale in manangatang years ago.
Blokes were bidding on it, one of Geelongs more wealthy characters who had pretty much umnlimited money was having a fair bid, but so was old mate in the crowd. It got down to the two of them, and the price was getting up as the crowd went quiet watching these two go at it against each other.. Wealthy character from Geelong was leaning on the truck, he had another bid, looked at the other bloke and said "you're right mate, keep bidding, on you go".. which completely flummoxed the other bloke, who gave up and walked away...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobsboy, 180wannabe, BillyP, cobbadog, eerfree, Morris, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, 77louie400 and 8 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #236669 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Thank you!
And thank you too, every post adds to the fun and enjoyment.
Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #236670 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Thank you!
Good for you Rich, like your stories.
That photo tells an old story!
Keep up the good work, Paul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, overlander

More
1 year 8 months ago #236692 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic Thank you!
This Yank would also like to add his THANK YOU!!!! Ever since I participated in the ATHS Down Under Tour in 2015 I have been keenly interested in Australia's great equipment. I especially enjoy Overlander's pictures of trucks in their working clothes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, asw120

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #236709 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Thank you!
I've got to add my thanks to all who n here ... for a few reasons...
Firstly as mentioned above ... I don't post a lot but visit everyday ... To the point where on my phone I usually get only ever have 3 tabs opened ... One for my E mail ...1 for faceless book for "entertainment" ... And one for this forum ...

Secondly ... If it wasn't for members contributing on here my TNT/KW and general transport history would be nothing like it is ... Just check out the Old Kwikasair SARs thread ha ha

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by werkhorse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, xspanrman

More
1 year 8 months ago #236712 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Thank you!
Yes Rich, we all make a difference, it astounds me at times at just how far off topic we (the forums contributers) take it some times and by and large we are all okay with it

This forum was the first social media I ever took part in

Discovered it by accident in I reckon 2008 after dropping a bearing in my bigger farm tractors transmission

My son who was maybe 8 new more about computers than I did and got lassood by me to the local library after the Case IH dealer Ayr didn't wanna deal with my old junk

Anyway from the library to Retravision to buy a lap top

Then to god knows were to buy a internet stick

Then I got the neighbors kid to set the email up for me

Then I tinkered and blundered along until discovering this forum and it has changed me forever

It is amazing how accepting people were and how patient they were with me

We all start somewhere and all have our own stories to tell, even a clown like me

I reckon I first started talking about my old Fedral 604 with Ron Horse and Salior V

Ron has since passed on, last year I think

Salior V I never worked out who he was
Anyway they both had driven my old Federal at times long before I owned it

Like you Rich, this is a site I check at least 1/2 dozen times each day

It has been a learning curve for me and I think I stay pretty much out of trouble with most people most of the time

It is a amazing little community here, I dont think most here know just how special this is

It has changed a huge amount over the years, was all ex truck drivers pretty much at the start or at least when I first joined up

It has been by and large a great experience for me, so thank to all past and present contributors

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, wouldyou, eerfree, overlander, overnite, PaulFH, grandad, V8Ian, xspanrman and 2 other people also said thanks.

More
1 year 8 months ago #236722 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Thank you!
Any history or other information on the Foden, please Prodrive?

More
1 year 8 months ago #236731 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Thank you!
I too would like to thank all who contribute to the forum. Like Paul, I check it sometimes 6 times a day.

I would like to give a special thank you to Lang, not only for all the research he does to post info on these pages, but on behalf of the community in general for all the work and time he devotes to the many projects out there which he supports. I know we all do our little bit for society, but Lang goes the extra mile for so many causes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Dave_64, eerfree, Bluey60, Morris, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, overlander and 5 other people also said thanks.

More
1 year 8 months ago #236804 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Thank you!
Gday Ian,
no mate- pretty sure our well to do mate was a certain Geelong demolition contractor, it's been a while since I've seen him, but he used to get around looking like a homeless dero, but he apparantly he has the most magnificent historic homestead, beautifully restored and presented, down Terang/camperdown way. As well as an incredible collection of tractors, and old stuff generally. So I'd say the old Foden is there amongst the other magic old bits of gear.
Here's a few other pics from the Manangatang clearing sale on the day- this might be 15 years ago?
Cheers
Rich

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, V8Ian, oliver1950

More
1 year 8 months ago #236805 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, V8Ian, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds