Skip to main content

Work diary

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #244763 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Work diary
In Queensland, if you're not filling out your book, because you're not travelling further than 200k from your base, a timesheet must be kept. The same work/break hours apply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #244766 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic Work diary

A work diary must be used over 12 tonnes and over 100Klm. A page costs 26c and it is far cheaper than a fine.

That's my take on it to, just fill it out how hard is it, I have only spent a little over a third of my working life in truck's but its just habit, done bugger all local work

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #244771 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Work diary
I wonder how that works for a SIVS rego in Queensland .....they only give you half the original GVM ,so say original is 23.5tons,they give you 11.75 tons for a sivs rego .......so do you need the log?

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #244772 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Work diary
It’s worthwhile to go on a podcast called “copy southbound” and go to episode 60 called “compliance”. Very scary. So much you have to be aware of. Don’t know how you can get any actual work done.
copysouthbound.libsyn.com/
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by overnite.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #244774 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Work diary
Me thinx the 5 hour rule was to prevent a driver coming back to the depot after travelling after a long day of 12 hours driving
and jump in a local truck and do local deliveries for nother 8 hours
BIDS2BC
but would B impossable to police unless the cops R waiting @ the depot gate
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Swishy.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #244776 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Work diary
Swishy, if you go to that podcast, it seems they have got all bases covered. Especially if someone anonymously complains or you are audited, they’ve got you tied in knots.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #244778 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Work diary
The 5 hour break is quite handy ,when I was working for the sandblasters ,I was coming back from the refinery ,and pulled up on the wide median strip at Eagle Farm,and had a sleep.........anyhoo,the bosses son spots the truck ,and gets up me for sleeping on the job.....when I get back to the yard ,the foreman tells me the boss son has sacked me for sleeping on the job.....so I collect my 2 days in lieu,and lodged a wrongful dismissal claim against them.....I ended up with $4000 payout ,and when the boss got back from his holiday he was kinda upset ,and put me back on .
The following user(s) said Thank You: overnite, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds