Skip to main content

Friendly chap looking for new truck club

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1208 by bparo

One thing I've noticed is that Victorians are rather keen to claim being the capital of anything and everything.

Guess they might have a point... :P...but, Foggy, I think the title of Bedford capital of the world would have to go to the Kiwis...sorry. ;)

Thankfully ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #1209 by
Listen here Andy i think the water you are drinking over there is doing some thing to your eyes ;D ;D as i said capital of AUSTRALIA ;D

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1210 by bparo
But nobody outside Ringwood would claim that!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

16 years 3 weeks ago #1211 by
I think i will bring my Mack to the all Yankee day and scoop the prizes what do you think :-? :-?

More
16 years 3 weeks ago - 16 years 3 weeks ago #1212 by Andy Wright
Good point re capital of Oz, Dave, but I was recovering from the ear bashing I got on the subject when I visited out Melb office on Monday.

I remember Tom Gleisner commenting once on his fly fishing show that any place that claims to be the gateway to anywhere really has nothing else to offer. Good thing Melb is the capital of everything then! Seriously, we are looking forward to getting out of WA and living in a place we both love...just happens to be Melbourne!

Technically, a Bedford is an American truck as they were owned by GM. Certainly more Yankee than a Foden, Leyland or Albion much as I love those makes.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 16 years 3 weeks ago by Andy Wright.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1213 by bparo
Since your "Mack" carries the name "British Bedford" on the side the only way you would be likely to get in would be to give them a plausible story such as "I left Ringwood on 2nd March for the European Showcase (Bitish and European Day) and only just got here" ;D ;) ;D

16 years 3 weeks ago #1214 by
I 'm glad your coming over here cause they don't belive me when i tell them that BEDFORDS are simply best they just laugh and shake there heads.

PS hows the mag coming along.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1215 by GM Diesel
Hey Deadly, now Andy is moving across the paddock the two of you can drive two up to Alice and dribble on the dash together.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago - 16 years 3 weeks ago #1216 by Andy Wright
Not bad, Bruce! ;D

Foggy, while I own a Bedford and am quite passionate about them, I couldn't say what's better than what. Build quality is certainly tops on Beddies but they aren't super comfortable or terribly powerful (I'm talking KMO here). Of course, old trucks weren't built for comfort but on the flip side, Beddies just plod along and get it done when no one's looking.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I have no firm favourite but will talk Beddies up for sure...and Macks and Inters and Fodens and Leylands and...

March issue is proving quite frustrating, Foggy, as I am really pressed for time with the house on the market etc. That said, it will be done and out shortly and will be very closely followed by the April issue. Jodi's away from Sunday so I'll keep busy in the evening by staring at the computer. Sorry for the delay, I'm not overly impressed with it. However, there will be 12 issues completed this year - never fear!

Last edit: 16 years 3 weeks ago by Andy Wright.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1217 by Andy Wright

Hey Deadly, now Andy is moving across the paddock the two of you can drive two up to Alice and dribble on the dash together.
Barry

Baz, last time I talked to Dave about that, he mentioned something about a road train carrying the Beddy. Hope he changes his mind!

Btw, Fogman, have a video from Dave Kent in SA of the Alice parade and I recognised a certain grey Bedford easily by sight and sound...and it wasn't the sound of the motor but the sound of the driver as he went passed! ;D Had a good chuckle.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds