Skip to main content

Mack econodyne

More
7 months 1 week ago #248232 by cliffo
Mack econodyne was created by cliffo
what has to be done to run a Mack 350 econodyne without the intercooler. i realise will be down on power but this is not an issue

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #248233 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Mack econodyne
I seem to recall that back in the 80s ,Macks used to blow big clouds of black smoke on acceleration.........wasnt just old trucks either ,new ones as well ........probably not acceptable now.

More
7 months 1 week ago #248238 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Mack econodyne
Would need to adjust the injector pump to stop it over fueling and damaging the motor

Apart from that probably not a lot

And yes Macks did smoke a lot under acceleration if the puff limiter wasn't working correctly, the puff limiter stops over fueling until boost is reached

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

More
7 months 6 days ago #248256 by cliffo
Replied by cliffo on topic Mack econodyne
Spoke to 2 fuel injection companies and both said to leave it as is....only problem could come if working hard watch the ETG does not get too hot
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
7 months 5 days ago #248275 by Kav
Replied by Kav on topic Mack econodyne
You will have to cut the fuel back to virtually a Maxidyne rating or around 250 hp otherwise your pyrometer will run off the guage. Depending on the condition of the Pistons, there is always a possibility of a piston failure with the extra fuel and heat. I've been there and tried that and thats what happened!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lemmiwinks

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds