Skip to main content

Identification and information please.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #248862 by Lang
Brocky

American bus selection.

US Navy Mariana Islands 1945

US Air Force Townsville Australia 1944 (I  believe it is actually an Australian Army bus, K6? International, operating a service for the USAAF. The driver looks like Australian uniform. The bus certainly has a USAAF badge on the side. Pity I can not read the writing. Possibly reverse Lend-Lease made in Australia and supplied to US Forces)

US Civilian bus late 30's. Looks Australian to me but that is what the caption said.

Last edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, Brocky45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248869 by Lang
Brocky

Here you go USA

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, Brocky45

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248870 by mammoth
The gooseneck trailer behind the inter looks like a Fruehauf.. Army nerds don't know about them because they are air force and air force nerds don't know about them because they don't have wings. So it was explained why I found it so difficult to identify my own Fruehauf "gas trailer'.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248871 by Lang
I am interested in the door being on the wrong side indicating it comes from a LHD country.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248873 by mammoth
The Fruehauf military trailers were fully imported so I would presume the same for the buses. If there are Aus numbers on them the AWM vehicle records could be consulted.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248874 by V8Ian

Some of Blue&Red bus fleet at their Coolangatta Depot.

LN700
I reckon the one second from the left is same one as my original post. 

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248877 by Mrsmackpaul
When I stopped at Lake Boga museum a while ago I'm pretty sure they had photos of buses like this for carting the troops etc from Swan Hill to and from Lake Boga 

some photos were just a tray type semi with everyone standing up with nothing to hang on to

kinda hard to imagine everyone stayed on but I guess the speed was very slow

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #248887 by Lang
What a ripper! Looks Ford Ford to me not Brontford or Bedford. The P6 Perkins muddies the water. Pity I can not speak Hindi to understand what he is saying but I suspect he is like the usual Youtuber and knows SFA about the vehicle.

Justt as an aside when Bev and I drove around India early this year we spent the night in Bangalore. What a beautiful city, Huge wide streets with Rain Trees and very uncrowded and light traffic for an Indian city.

Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Lang.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248890 by Brocky45
Lang, Thank you for your research.. It looks like the military and Greyhound for the Worlds Fair were the predominate uses..

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248892 by lemmiwinks

Pity I can not speak Hindi to understand what he is saying but I suspect he is like the usual Youtuber and knows SFA about the vehicle.
You can turn on subtitles and do auto generated to translate.  Click the gear wheel -> Subtitles -> Auto-translate -> English.

Pretty hit and miss I don't mind telling you.  Sometimes you can decipher the gist of what they're saying though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds