Skip to main content

International D series

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26492 by Old AB
Hi all, I had a D series inter as a tipper, with a 180 cummins, 13 speed road ranger box, 34000 pound eatons, wedge brakes on hendricksen spring. Didnt see a lot of them around. Just wondering if there are any still out there. Also was a C or D series carting into Triabunna mill that had a 6.53 GM in it. Would that have been a factory fit. That was a tandem as well. Think it towed a tandem jinker. Are there any still out there going ??.....Tony.......

Keep old inters alive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26493 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: International D series
Tony, plenty of C & D inters about (except when you want to buy one) Scout chased a few before settling on a D cummins, ex prime mover, currently a tipper... that seems to have been a common change. there is a C on ebay at the moment.

Scout is honeymooning in the US but will surely post a pic or two when he gets back, might even include some of his truck. ;)

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26494 by werkhorse
What time frame were you kicking around Triabunna ol mate??? mid 70's to mid 80's ???

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26495 by GM Diesel
Old AB,

I sure there wernt any of the C or D series fitted with 6V53 GM's.
When the D5N jimmy powered Dodgy's came out a few Inters were repowered using crashed Dodgy bits.
Bit off trivia....The 6V in the D5N Dodges had offset engine mounts 3" to the left so the donk would miss the steering column and box.
If you find a wrecked Dodge its perfect to get all the bits from to repower an Inter C, D series or an AB 184 and the R190's.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26496 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: International D series
Morining all. Am looking for tandem drive ones. They seem to be gettin scarce on the ground.

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26497 by Old AB
Werkhorse, Lived in the fine state till late 80s, Still come back every year for a taste of that cold weather. Worked on log roads down there for some time, nice and drisk in the mornings mate. Love the warm mornings up here. 7am and 19deg take some beetin mate.

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26498 by werkhorse
Ahh sweet I'm a Lonny boy myself born and bred. I work with a bloke that used to cart to Triabunna back then in an old 3800 series Atkinson.....name of Doug Young.....Don't suppose you'd remember him/it ??

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26499 by Old AB
Small world mate. Lived at Beaconsfield till i left school, Then went to Launceston. Lived at prospect. Carted a few logs (when things were quiet with the tippers) for Hamersley & Finnan in the old black star. Work shifted me up to the sunshine and lovin it...... BUT...... i cant find a tandem C or D line. Traveled a few Ks here looking and only found single axles for sale.

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26500 by werkhorse
Well bugga me........I did my apprenticeship at Burt and Campbell and did a lot of work on the H&F trucks right up till the end. Even did a heap on Gundy's loggers and Finans last trucks before .... Lets say..... he left this world.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26501 by Old AB
Well werkhorse, you would have worked on my T lines, or the S line at some stage. They were regular visitors to Burty"s workshop. Alvin, Nigel, Linole & John and later Tony in spares. All before Red days. Think Red had just started on the floor there when i left.........

Keep old inters alive.

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds