• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26631 by Swishy
Aust Tyres was created by Swishy

Ok
Sum of us have been knok n the Ozy product mainly Australian made tyres
So lets put the shoe on the other foot n lets say hoo haz had a good run with Ozy tyres in the last 10 -20 years

Ovr 2 U
Give till it hurtz

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26632 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Aust Tyres
ive been using mr wongs brands for close to 20years . . they last longer :P i hope the army uses ozy tyres

14 years 2 weeks ago #26633 by
Replied by on topic Re: Aust Tyres
South Pacific Tyres (Dunlop/Olympic/Goodyear) closed there last tyre manufacturing site at Somerton about 2 years ago so all are now made overseas and imported.

Trevor

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26634 by kennymopar2
thats good dunlop were dangerous :D

14 years 2 weeks ago #26635 by
Fully half of the Australian Dunlops I ever bought, either went out of round, when the carcass separated internally .. just plain blew out under load .. or wore out in half the time of any other brand. They weren't weren't nicknamed Banglops for nothing. You could never recap a Dunlop, it would blow out before you got full wear out of the retread.

When Bell Bros had the Bandag agency here in Perth, they refused to retread Dunlops. They would only retread Michelins and Bridgestones, or any other brand of Jap-made tyre. Dunlops are the worst tyre you can buy, IMO, and I haven't willingly bought a Dunlop in over 20 years. There was only one thing worse, and that was Australian-made Hardie tyres .. and thankfully, Hardie went out of business in the early 1980's .. :)

The only Australian-made tyres that provided satisfactory performance were Australian-made Bridgestones .. but I don't recall seeing any Australian-made Bridgestone truck tyres.
I'm fairly sure the Australian Bridgestone factory only made car tyres, as Bridgestone had a fairly large market suppplying new car tyres, to the local "Big Three" car makers.

I was a Michelin and Bridgestone truck tyre man for many years. However, the price of Michelins and Bridgestones fluctuated a lot, and sometimes I did deals on other Jap-made tyres, such as Sumitomo and Toyo. These brands provided satisfactory service most times, but when they started shifting manufacture to other countries besides Japan, the quality became variable.

14 years 2 weeks ago #26636 by
I was at a tyre shop recently and couldn't believe how little tread the new tyres seem to have.Obviously the manufacturers want the tyres to wear out quickly so they sell you new tyres sooner.I think i might have to look into regrooving so i can at least get my money's worth.Just so hard to get value for money these days in anything!!! :(

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #26637 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Aust Tyres
Swishy, Good call mate. ....... I have been buying cheep jap tyres for my truck and dog combination. I get just as gooder run on the drive as i do with the deerer Mitchys. Our work is 80% local, in and out of Quarrys & building sites. Tip sites are great for pickin up steel, and stakin tyres. Would rather ruin a jap tyre that cost $280 (Longmarch), than a mitchy that cost $530. On the trailer i bought some SUPER SONIC clean skins made in ? Got a great runout of them. Wore them out then regrooved them. For my work i save $ with them. Never had one blow out or have a case failure. I dont put them on the steer. I tryed but never got a good run. Stick to the Bridgestone, Toyo, Kumho for the steer. ...... RECAPS we wont go there. Mudflap brackets, tailight brackets, wiring pulled and streched. They were great, night time fix on the side of the road, and today we can buy cheep jap and indian clean skins for $20 more than a recap. It Works for me...... :) :) 8-)

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26638 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Aust Tyres
35800km japanese made dunlop. was driving on bitumen for about 20k at night. slight vibration, slowed straight away then big vibration then thump thump. pulled up within 500m of it vibrating.
took it into the dunlop super dealer. he reckons it was a compound fracture that could have been caused from running over a rock or hitting a gutter up to 500ks ago, it just needed to get hot and let go. he reckons it could have happened to any brand tyre. i think he is full of $hit. >:(

14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #26639 by
I used to own a 10M tri-axle trailer, fitted with Holden axles, that I sold to another bloke who did car-carrying, and light/long haulage.
It had been fitted with brand new Dunlop light truck 185 x 14's by the bloke I bought it off.
I did about 20,000 kms with it, before I sold it. The bloke who bought it, whinged to me that he took a load of building materials, likes trusses and stuff, to the North West .. and every single one of those Dunlops (all 6, in other words) blew out on him, on that one trip. He wasn't a happy camper .. :'(

Paul - It MAY have happened to any other brand of tyre .. but it's strange how it happens to Dunlops nearly all the time .. >:(

More
14 years 1 week ago #26640 by kennymopar2
yeah i had a dunlop less than 1000kms old (on its first trip from newcastle to brisbane) blow out on me ..i took it back ..and yep they bullshi ted to me .. thank goodness dunlop doesnt make condoms . . . the end mite come off :-?

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds