Skip to main content

Changing to Club Permit Scheme

More
13 years 11 months ago #27774 by ray
This question came up at our last club meeting so just in case anyone is considering changing their rego from full reg to club plates (in Victoria). I spoke to Vicroads today and if you are changing your vehicle from full reg to club reg, BUT NOT changing ownership, you do not need a Roadworthy Certificate. Simply fill out the Club Reg form, get it signed off by your club and submit it. Something to keep in mind!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #27775 by
Ray

Dad went and got one of the forms from Vicroads Hoppers Crossing Today, on the form you need to have a letter from the club saying the truck is safe or a current roadworthy.
?? So how can you just change it over.?? OR which person/branch of Vicroads did you go to.

Trevor

More
13 years 10 months ago #27776 by ray
G'day Trevor, It seems I was given a bum steer by the woman at Vicroads and probably now got her into trouble. She quoted me her own experience about changing over her rego. I spoke to Vicroads again (a different operator) and was informed that you DO need a RWC or safety check to go onto Red Plates. Sorry to get everybodys hopes up, including mine.
Ray

More
13 years 10 months ago #27777 by bparo
I went through this a while ago and was told the following:

1) If the vehicle is currently registered to the person putting in on club plates then no roadworthy is required (just as it is not required if you put custom plates on a vehicle that is already registered in your name)

2) if the vehicle is not currently registered or is currently registered in another persons name then a roadworth certificate or safety certificate is requried. As the HCVCA doesn;t have people to issue safety certificates (for legal reasons) you need a roadiworthy.

My suggestion is to ring th emanager of the VicRoads office you intend to visit and find out what their ruling is. Then you have a name you can quote tio the counter staff.

Mrs P gave me personalised plates for the XP a couple of years ago and the phone operator told me I needed a roadworthy. When I rang Vicroafds Burwood to make the requested appointment I was told it wasn't required and just mail the form in. Note that wasn't a club plate but it was a change of registration but the operator at the time told me the same rules re roadworthies applied

I supose if in doubt get a roadworthy as that way you have independant confirmation that you didn't miss anything.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 10 months ago #27778 by 653Detroit
Is anyone upto date with the possible changes to Club Reg. I have been told 90 days per year and records to be recorded in a log book

More
13 years 10 months ago #27779 by bparo
The proposed changes are on the vicroads website at www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registratio...mits/ClubPermits.htm .

These are the changes as put out for public comment and not yet law (may not be until late 2010 or 2011).

The changes are:
1) there will be a log book to record the days the vehicle is driven (not a work diary - that is a separate issue)
2) there will be a choice of 45 or 90 day log books. The 45 day will be over 1/2 of the 90 day book.
3) you can use your vehicle for any non-commercial purpose not just club events (ie you can use it to drive to work as you would a fully registered car but not work the vehicle (or make money using the vehicle if that makes sense).
4) the age of eligible vehicles is proposed to move from 25 to 30 years but those vehicles already on the scheme will be allowed to continue
5) the 45 or 90 days includes use on club runs etc.

For more details read the information on the document referred to in the link (I did it that way so that if Vicroads change their details the link will still provide the latest information)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 10 months ago #27780 by Thunders-Truk
653Detroit, re club rego, Vicroads have used the SA rego scheme for Historic vehs. as a model for their changes. We get 90 days per year for anything over 30 years old and just write in a log book the date, destination and sign it, the driver signs, not necessarily the owner. The biggest problem we have is the stupid, dumb rule that ONLY UNMODIFIED VEHICLES can go on the scheme, if we are caught with mods to the car you better own a Bank 'cos it's gonna cost a mint and you get chucked off the scheme forever and have to pay full rego back to when you were granted the Historic rego. Any vehicle going onto the scheme must be exactly as it rolled out of the factory for it's year of manufacture, all accessories must be as supplied by the car maker for that year of vehicle. You can't use them for weddings, load carrying for a fee, as a hire car/truck, can't be used by a business, not even as advertising, etc, etc, etc.>:(

The reason given about mods is, "To maintain the Historic integrity of the vehicle", can someone please tell me where a bloody great LHD Yank Tank has ever had anything to do with Aussie Motoring History ?? :-?

We're currently trying to get this crap changed, as genuine original parts are getting hard to find for this old stuff, especially the yank cars. We also want to get the hot rods onto the scheme as well and they are one complete modification from go to whoa! ;)

Tony SA :)

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!

More
13 years 10 months ago #27781 by bparo
In Victoria rods have their own version of the scheme. They are allocated similar plates that start with SR

More
13 years 9 months ago #27782 by camma
What are the registration requirements for a 1968-1970 trucks in regards to RWC,all lighting requirements, mudflaps,rear signage etc

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

13 years 9 months ago #27783 by
The best I can indicate is to achive RWC in Victoria you must comply to any Australian Design rules applicable at the time of manufacture for many of the items.

If you do have an item that is discussed in a later ADR you must then meet the later ADR.

For example for the period you mention the ADR's of this period do not require seat belts. However if they are fitted then the seat belts, mounts etc must comply with the appropriate ADR regulations.

However signage and mudflaps should really comply with current regulations from a safety point of view.

Best thing is to talk to a RWC tester. You must make sure that they are qualified for the type of vehicle you are talking about. Also better to find a tester with experience as they are more likely to know when things became compulsory etc.

But as Swish says. I do stand to be corrected!

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds