Skip to main content

Changing to Club Permit Scheme

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #27784 by bparo
for club registration then legally the vehicles need everything that was on them when they were first registered with a couple of exceptions or good ideas. They are

1) you need a 'do not overtake turning vehicle' sign on the rear if you are over 7.5 metres long. In fact they are a good idea if you are over 7 metres. It gives you some rights regarding lane use when turning into streets, at roundabouts etc allowing you to legally use extra lanes if within 50m of the turn with your indicator on.

2) some are requesting extra clearance lights, tail painted white etc to assist with visibility.

3) If the vehicle has ever been fitted with seat belts then you can replace the seat belts with ones in better condition but you can not remove without replacing them.

4) The vehicle will need to comply with the signage requirements of the era

If going on full registration then you will need to comply with modern signage requirements (eg weights in metric units not imperial ones) etc as the vehicle can then be in daily commercial use.

Basically listen to the person doing the roadworthy and work with them to get it under way. If they seem to be wanting to make everything like a 2010 truck then find someone else but remember the vehicle must be safe and visible.

I nearly ran over a 1927? Chev Truck once as it was driving in the pouring rain, at 60km/h in a 100km/h zone on the Northern Highway with one dull 6 volt tail light and a dark coloured rear. The thing I was looking out for him as I had left the servo 10 minites after him but couldn't see him until I was about 10 metres from him. I dropped back about 50 metres as I was bigger and more visible and followed him. I had people rounding me up then emergency braking as they found him. His vehicle was almost invisible

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by bparo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds