Skip to main content

Working Classic of the Week

More
13 years 11 months ago #29429 by tipperman1
Whilst shows are enjoyable, it is always good to see an older vehicle still at work.
Ive got a few to put up over the coming weeks but please feel free to add any that you have.

Mark

Saw this old girl in January and have seen her since hauling out of Lysterfield.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #29430 by paul404
what a fine looking machine :)

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #29431 by bparo
I saw this doing roadworks on the south side of East Richmond Station (Melbourne) last week. By the time I saw it the train had speed up so no chance of even getting a phone photo - sorry guys

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by bparo.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #29432 by ianoz
See paul, Get your old girl rebuilt and put her back to work .,You could then give up sitting in a kenny and facing the bilo range ,day in ,day out :D.Ian .
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by ianoz.

More
13 years 11 months ago #29433 by paul404
hi ian, mate i dont need the headache. i dont face the range anymore. im flying a pelican now carting ammonium nitrate :o

More
13 years 11 months ago #29434 by tipperman1
Heres another one for you

Nice old Dodge doing a bit of local asphalt work

More
13 years 11 months ago #29435 by prodrive
I still reckon this Flintstone takes the "Working Classic" cake... Pretty sure it's still on interstate.
Can anyone enlighten me on the old girls story?
(sorry guys i stuck this in last week on another post but i couldn't resist putting it in again....

13 years 11 months ago #29436 by
Replied by on topic Re: Working Classic of the Week
Great photos.

I've been trying for years to get a photo of a blue Butterbox ACCO semi that still gets around Melbourne on a daily basis. It's got a highrise sleeper grafted into the cab that looks like it's from an Aerodyne Kenworth.

I see it at least once a month all over the place and I can never manage to get a photo. :(

-Stu

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 11 months ago #29437 by Swishy

Stueee
GuddayM8

RE:I can never manage to get a photo

Me 2

I have seen it around mainly on the fwy n never qik enuff to point n shoot

Wouldn't mind bettin the only bit ACCO is the cab
n probly grafted onto a more modern chassis n power supply etc

But Az Alwaze

EyeDoSt&2BCorrected!
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 11 months ago #29438 by prodrive
Yes, that Acco's a pretty cool rig hey. A mate of mine had a chat to him one day, it has a 903 in it, and from memory it was actually built like that, so it's not actually a butterbox exactly? But as Swishy says.... Eye do stand 2 B etc etc..
There is also a white FR700 Mack getting around Melbourne still working, matter of fact it was at the Muster o'Macks I think..
This Road Commander was spotted at Goondawindi a while ago, must say it was a credit to its owner, clean and neat. Had a 903T I think. Looks like it's still making a good mile. One of you blokes must know of it I reckon..

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds