Skip to main content

Working Classic of the Week

More
12 years 9 months ago #29509 by melonreo
i bet you picked up that massey in barmedman and took it to leeton ::)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #29510 by 700GMRR
got any more pics and info on the inter you picked up there inter mission

More
12 years 9 months ago #29511 by oldfulla
Inter Mission

What model is your D series - a D ????. I spent a bit of time in a D 1414 (850) - the turbo version - and it ran without a muffler with fair sized plumbing handling the waste.

With that set up - it was one of the best sounding trucks around. A C Motor Flintstone with no muffler was the only thing that was better. Both units having std tail pipe mounting - the horozintal version - exiting just infront of the RH drive tyre.

Under constant load both the Mack and Ford would throw a nice flame on a cold night.

Oldfulla :D

More
12 years 9 months ago #29512 by inter mission
yep Pat you got it in one.that old massey used to stick out like the proverbial.the lady was happy for it to go,she was sick of people asking about it, especially at tractor pull time. inter mission

More
12 years 9 months ago #29513 by inter mission
700GMR I dont have any history on the C1840, I bought it off a farm at Rand nsw where it had sat for 30 yrs after engine trouble. it appears to have been pretty well set up for the day. i am hopeing that someone on the forum will remember which transport co it belonged to. it has a few distinctive features,braked adjustable silly wheel or pusher axle , stainless steel step tank straps and welded in stainless feature in step ,single air horn in the middle of cab and was originally an all white truck. it is 392 v8 powered. Trease tpt and Kraft are two guesses,but someone will know.

12 years 9 months ago #29514 by
Replied by on topic Re: Working Classic of the Week
pleeeeease...dont wipe the dust off it!

cheers

More
12 years 9 months ago #29515 by crackers
that 1418 benz belongs to pig simpson livestock transport of wodonga it was one of border express local bangers for a long time never got to finish it off hence the line scroll job and other things cosmetic stuff

More
12 years 9 months ago #29516 by Burnt Out Bert
Would the C 1800 have been one of Frank Agosta's Thornbury ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #29517 by inter mission
OLDFULLA the D.series is a D0911 cab on a D1314 chassis, it pulls well and bellows under load,bit loud in the cab. the only flames i've seen have come from under the dash ,not the exhaust. its doing the job at the moment,but long term i will give it another cab lift and re-power it with something vertical and a bit more modern. Inter Mission.

12 years 8 months ago #29518 by
Replied by on topic Re: Working Classic of the Week
This one was parked on Doherty's Road Laverton North just past Swishy's Speed hump

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds