13 years 10 months ago #29804 by piston2stroke
i got some pics of the accident sent to me just recently
not sure if any you blokes seen them so ill throw them up anyway

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #29805 by melonreo

13 years 10 months ago #29806 by
Well, I dunno about MMMMMM .. but I can see BIG $$$$$$$$ in the repair bill there .. :'(

I can just imagine the next insurance company he goes to .. :'(

"Have you claimed for any accidents in the last 5 years .. ??"

"Yes .. just one minor one .. I think it ended up about $165,000 ...." .. LOL ;D ;D

More
13 years 10 months ago #29807 by kennymopar2
he done a very thorough job

More
13 years 10 months ago #29808 by prodrive

More
13 years 10 months ago #29809 by prodrive
Matter of fact, I reckon $165,000 would be a bargain. if he gets out of that for under half a million I'd be amazed.. Think about what that machine is worth, then all the engineers to check if the tunnel is safe, overtime, penalties, consultants, you name it. Wow, they'd be thinking up things that he has to pay for years to come...

More
13 years 10 months ago #29810 by disco
Geez, by the time they take into account lost toll's , repair's to tunnel, excavator,road, emercency service's etc etc etc etc $10,000.000.00 would just about cover it, the burnlet tunnel crash cost em 30 mil >:( >:( :-?

More
13 years 10 months ago #29811 by bigcam
Isn't odd, some fool could destroy you truck, put you in hospital, etc, and you would probobly get the insurance on the truck, bearing in mind that just the fact that you are on the road in the first place makes you partially responsible in some courts, but try and get the loss of earnings etc, either you you've got a good solicitor and plenty of patience and luck or your the government, who at the end of the day is everyone who works for the courts boss, how do you reckon it'll go?

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #29812 by
I can remember an old truckie telling me, back in the late 1960's, how he was carting East-West with an old KB Inter, in 1952 .. and he went to sleep and ran off the Great Eastern Hwy, just out of Cunderdin, in W.A.

The main telephone trunk line to the East was strung up on poles in those days .. and when he ran off the road, he managed to clobber a pole, and take out the East-West telephone link!

Well! - he reckoned the PMG weren't impressed! In those days they usually didn't worry too much about handing you a bill for any damage .. BUT .. he reckoned they were furious about the damage .. and they gave him a bill .. not only for the repair .. but also for the lost call time .. which they figured out at

More
13 years 10 months ago #29813 by bigcam
Reminds of a chap carting a model of a suger mill on his truck in NQ that was overhieght, after he loaded it was just on dusk, he had his missus with him, and as they where going through a little town, his missus said to him- Isn't it funny, everyone is turning their lights out as we go past. He pulled up on the otherside of town up a lane between the cane patch's and got an axe and chopped the top off the thing, and then put a tarp over the top. Same as you Ron, didn't hear a thing.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds