Skip to main content

fuel problem

More
13 years 10 months ago #30230 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: fuel problem
ill let you know tonite how i go with finding the problem .. i broke down years ago about 10ks before rocky . . my old international truck ran out of lpg..it was straight gas..but i carried a spare carby for times like that . .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30231 by kennymopar2
changed the copper washers ..checked the gauze filters ..checked for leaks ..pulled my hair out ..even swore ..looks like the suction side was sucking air from somewhere ..im running a new rubber fuel hose from the filter near the fuel tank to the fuel pump .. so far so good ..

More
13 years 10 months ago #30232 by theroadbossman
Replied by theroadbossman on topic Re: fuel problem
Hey Kenny, if you don't get it sorted, give us all a yell as I have more than 40 specific areas to check, but one important one that happened on my UD a lot of years ago but I have never forgotten it.
cheers
Bretto ;)

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
13 years 10 months ago #30233 by Malfunction
Replied by Malfunction on topic Re: fuel problem
UDers used to block the elbow at the pickup pipe on top of the tank, where it connects to the fuel hose taking the fuel to the burner! I remember having a truck full of sweating pigs in Toowoomba once and you could hear them squeeling away, I was able to diagnose the fault and get them moving and cooling down again all from the luxury of my lounge room, in Brisbane, while watching the footy grand final.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30234 by kennymopar2
thanks guys ..just done 3000km return trip ..has been running fine (apart from the "famous" ud rock and roll cab)on bad roads .. definatly seems to have been the new fuel hose from the primary filter(near tank) to the inj pump has done the trick . .

More
13 years 10 months ago #30235 by drive56
Replied by drive56 on topic Re: fuel problem
Hi just a thaught , my mazda bus T3500 had the same problem , I found that the fuel line into the bottom of the lift pump has a banjoe bolt connection which has a brass filter in it , it was letting some fuel through on start up but when under load was sarving for fuel , the small brass corse filter was choked with s#&t , I cleaned it out havent had a problem since , I also did the by pass with an electric pump and pulled the tank out to clean , not many Know that the corse fillter is there ,so yours might have one or it might not but most jap stuff are the same , best of luck , regards Peter.

56 AS 112 Inter pickup being rodded&&58 AS 130 inter tray restoring

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds