• If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 9 months ago #31145 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Mid 30's C inter

Slos Peed
GuddayM8

Nice Find/Steal
LOL

U gunna need to get th@ windscreen clean, n sum air in them thar tyres B 4 U get a Roadworthy Certifacte
LOL
Nice lookn container
Did U buy it
Cos its looks in good nik n no dents n bruizes
With the doors all shutup U will get condensation drippin down off ceiling, may B U will need a drop sheet over the Ol Inter
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #31146 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mid 30's C inter
Trevor - If you run an extension cord into the container, and put a 100W light globe in there, and leave it on, the globe will generate enough heat to keep any condensation out of the sea container, and thus prevent any more corrosion. Moisture from condensation is insidious, I have seen new engines that were stored for only 2 yrs, lock up with cylinder wall corrosion.

• Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #31147 by
And if you ever need more containers I know some one that could help! Isn't that right Swishy!

(Do I get a commission Swishy?) ;D Just joking!

But seriously biggest issue is always condensation. For the steam engine I always open a bottom door and a top door of the boiler. To ensure air flow. It is important to store it as dry as possible. But moisture will always get in so must also have air circulation to maintain the dry as possible. Was also considering what onetrack suggest for the boiler. But how to get power into a boiler that is closed? :-/

• Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #31148 by
Sarge

I have 2 other restorations before this one so it may be a will before i line up at the christmas tree and take on Deedle to see who is the slowest over 1/4 mile.

Cam
I didn't have time to try and turn the motor over but looking at the color of the oil and also the clutch worked i am hopfull, but will look at that later.

Swishy
Clean windscreen is the least of my problems.
The container is mine and was purchased to store my daughters furniture for 2 years and we have never had a condensation problem at all, but i will keep an eye on it.

Onetrack
If i start to get condensation i will try the light trick.

Jblair
One is enough.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds