Skip to main content

What diff is it ????

More
13 years 9 months ago #31291 by kennymopar2
ive had alot of inters over the years .. the petrol motors dont rev much harder than the diesels ..so around 3500rpm would be about it (unless you push em a bit hard).. im guessing you have a 6cyl ...the V8 inters get about 6mpg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31292 by cobba
Replied by cobba on topic Re: What diff is it ????
Yeah, sorry kenny. I didn't mention that.

It's a 282 with 16" wheels.
I will have to get around to installing the disc into my computer so I can download photos and post some up of the beast.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31293 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: What diff is it ????
Cobba, the Dana is a Salisbury type, and the other is a banjo. You may still be able to replace it with a Dana though.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31294 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: What diff is it ????
That was the reason why he went and got the F350 was cause the inter had a weired diff he could'nt get bits for. I think it was a 70

13 years 9 months ago #31295 by
Replied by on topic Re: What diff is it ????
Cobba,

You have just found similar facts as what I have found with my AB151.

Fuel efficiency for my truck is between 3.6 and 2.7 Km's per litre loaded. This is with the 242 also! So expect more fuel used in the bigger engine.

Speed is generally 70-80 km/hr comfortable loaded. But 80-90 empty. Sometimes as you indicate 100 for over taking or merging. But way too unhappy at these speeds for the engine.

As to regearing etc. All depends on what you want of the truck. If you over gear the diff you may not have the gears in the gearbox to take huge load. The other problem is go fast you have to still stop the load at speed!

I didn't regear my AB mainly due to lack of power to overcome the heavy loads it carries. Also the brakes aren't what I call great!

The other reason stopped with changes to my AB was also on the run back from Wodonga recently running at about 95% fully loaded at about 80km/hr or so didn't have to change gear once on the Hume for entire trip back to Melb! Did have to pick up fuel many times!

Have you thought of setting up LPG on it? With a Large tank. Would increase range plus reduce some of the wallet pain! Could be a option!

More
13 years 9 months ago #31296 by kennymopar2
my old c1500 inter had 20" wheels also the 281./282 6cyl ..it would easily do over 110km/h ..but anything approaching 110ks it became a floater and handled like a 3 legged dog taking a pee ... food for thought

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds