Skip to main content

Inter 60 B-120 pics (american )

More
13 years 9 months ago #31370 by Manfred Range
Here are some pics of the motor area for layout at our end of the world:
i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq24/manfred...ionalengine003-1.jpg
i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq24/manfred...ionalengine002-1.jpg
i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq24/manfred...ationalengine005.jpg

take note of how the throttle linkage goes right through the motor to get it to the 'correct' side! some sort of pressed through tube, I think. Simple enough, or just have everything on the right hand side in the first place!
We can all laugh about who got it right first,eh? i just gave my canadian away, didn't I!! ;D Manfred

Manny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #31371 by
That's the craziest throttle setup I've ever seen, and shows some poor thinking by engineers. I don't understand why they didn't set up an arrangement similar to our old Holdens of the 60's and 70's .. they use a simple shaft and linkage bolted to the firewall behind the motor, just about level with the carburettor, and with a spring loaded shaft, parallel with the engine, running from the carburettor through a hole in a bracket on the firewall.
This arrangement allowed for engine movement on the engine mountings, and also allowed for RHD and LHD changes .. as many Holdens were designed for both LHD and RHD, so they could be exported.
I'd guess that many engineers on the U.S. obviously didn't even consider, that RHD ever came into the design equation, or that there were simpler ways of doing things that were just as effective.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31372 by atkipete
That looks like our IH engine but there was another US engine, the BD282 with a different distributor mounting. Throttle setup is unusual, they may have been catering for the short bonnetted models ACF and BCF where a linkage on the firewall would have been difficult.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds