Skip to main content

Atkinsons in Nagambie

More
13 years 9 months ago #31934 by prodrive
GDay all,
Just thought someone might like to see the collection of Atkinsons that are owned by Parris's of Nagambie, Vic.
Being a bit of an Atkinson fan myself, I thought I'd better stop in and say GDay. Brian is the fellow, nice old chap too. They still use their Ex Travencore truck one a week, to pick up stuff from Melbourne etc. Once again, a fair bit of history lying around in sheds...

One they were going to do up, ended up using the motor in their own truck

This is their lovely slim cab ex Travencore Atkinson, sorry i couldn't get a better pic.

And this is definitely too cool...

Obvious where this came from

I used to drive one of these, it was bloody hot when it was hot, and freezing when it was cold. And di somebody mention S L O W....

And this is one of those "Odd" cabs, I'm not sure where and why they came from..

Something to do with Murray Goulburn I think?

And another

And last but not least. Not an Atkinson, but still great to see. They used it carrying LPG around until the local policeman had a word with them apparently...

So there you have it. Hope everyone like these old girls, they must have done a lot of cold, hard, hot, noisy, smokey, smelly miles, if they were all added up together!
Oh yeah, I forgot slow.
Cheers,
Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31935 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Atkinsons in Nagambie
The Kiewa Valley truck is a Delta cab, only one around as far as I know and would make a great restoration. Most of the Atkinson cabs were made by Reinforced Plastics but the Delta one used a different method of construction.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31936 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Atkinsons in Nagambie
must be a very early built one as all the Delta cab's i've seen have a full grille not the exposed radiator.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 9 months ago #31937 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Atkinsons in Nagambie
Well done Richard. Lovely to see. Those Travencore trucks used to look pretty good with their tanks on the back. I've never seen the Delta cab before. Thanks for taking the time to look & post the pics. Cheers Tim 8-)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 9 months ago #31938 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Atkinsons in Nagambie
very nostalgic, and did you say slow????
I see the red one has the S/Steel windscreen trims because the cab moved that much the hole they fitted into was too big for the glass, so add the SS trim. Ours ended up with them too.

One day!!!!! :-/
/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds